[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Attack NEETdom without appealing to ressentiment. >inb4 no replies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 17

File: IMG_0720.jpg (24KB, 220x294px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0720.jpg
24KB, 220x294px
Attack NEETdom without appealing to ressentiment.

>inb4 no replies
>>
>>9317336

NEETs are the next stage of evolution

unapologetic NEETdom is the body without organs
>>
are we not talking literal NEETs then?
>>
last man's just as comfy. it's his whole problem.
>>
Leaving your potentials.

inb4 spook
>>
>>9317354

"When Zarathustra was thirty years old he left his home and the lake of his home and went into the mountains. Here he enjoyed his spirit and his solitude."

Zarathustra was a NEET
>>
OP can't inb4
>>
>>9317373
Hermitage is just a special vocation.
>>
there's being NEET (nobleman) and being NEET (basement dweller)
>>
>>9317336
the only way out is to go through the mud, black bile, and phobia. neets are cowards, afraid to face the problems that contribute to the anxiety and pressure they feel. its nobodies fault that the economy is shit but looking into the convex mirror is what will get you by, to the best of your ability. blaming society, your family, or immigration just lets the wound fester until you eventually choke on the blood from biting your tongue in passive-egressive tantrums.
>>
>>9317897
>afraid to face the problems that contribute to the anxiety and pressure they fee

already straw manned. that envy is showing my dude. keep cucking wage cuck.
>>
>>9317906
envious of a bunch of people who have dropped out of life? lol.
>>
>>9317336
I can't. NEETdom is the final and most patrician state of man. Labour for material wealth is meaningless and detracts from studying the great mysteries.
>>
>>9317919
Nope, envious of a bunch of people enjoying their lives in spite of your morals.
>>
>>9317926
lol. yeah, neets sure do enjoy their lives.
>>
>>9317935
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ_HTABr7hA

sure do.
>>
>>9317940
not all NEETs were born rich you fucking retard what even is that shit video
>>
>>9317940
a youtube is the best you can do? pathetic.
>>
>>9317336
>attack subject deserved of ressentiment without appealing to ressentiment

It's just simple fact that NEETs living comfortably on welfare are just seen as freeloaders and parasites - dead weights that need to be shrugged off.

The best you can do being a NEET who doesn't want to feel hated or looked down on is living without the crutch of a collective to sponge off, which most likely means:

A. Living as a Hermit
B. Living as a Hobo on bare handouts and traipsing round soup kitchens
C. Living a life of some form of productivity (eg. usually creative art) with the help of specific financial benefactors that support you

But we all know the kind of NEET you refer to is the basement dwelling social reject who does nothing but use his Dole money for booze, cigs and junk food, and browses 4chan to aggressively attack people anonymously online. There's no philosophy skirting round this one - it's deserved of resentment (whether you think that resentment is from 'ressentiment' is up to you)
>>
>>9317947
You don't have to be born into it. I worked a few high paying jobs in IT, had my fun being rich and now I don't work. Rather, I just read all day and write my books because money is absolutely meaningless.
>>
>>9317956
how much money do you have now?
>>
>>9317956
#notallneets!
>>
NEETs hate themselves, I dont need to attack their lifestyle.
>>
>>9317947
Hey man you wanted to categorize NEETS as disturbed victims, it goes both ways my dude. Just because i don't want to exploit myself for someone else's gain, or subscribe to your morals doesn't mean i carry the baggage you proclaim.
>>
no one believes you
>>
NEETdom within society is parasitic and weakness. Ironically, the best arguments against being a NEET came from Nietzsche. If you live in the woods, by yourself, sustaining yourself, of your own will and power, then great, but if you're living off your parents or the government, that's weakness; your entire livelihood is determined by the whims of others.

>>9317373
He lived by himself for himself.
There's a difference.
>>
>>9317940
>pleasure pleasure pleasure pleasure pleasure
HA. This video is a joke. Hedonism is a shallow road and dead end.
>>
>>9317967
im not the guy you were talking to earlier, i am NEET myself, that video triggered me at first but then I realized it was satire lmao

just out of curiosity what is your ideal way for the world to work then? you don't want to exploit yourself for someones gain so are you implying you would rather live in communism or something?
>>
>>9317990
>just out of curiosity what is your ideal way for the world to work then? you don't want to exploit yourself for someones gain so are you implying you would rather live in communism or something?

To be fair, I don't know. I personally find it petty to care about things that don't make me happy. That "live life as if you had to repeat it forever " or w/e is a pretty good quote.
>>
>>9317924

i would fucking kill to be an unapologetic NEET.

can you get enough bux to have an apartment on your own or do you need to live in a basement?
>>
>>9317990
Communism is a life time of slavery. I'd rather have a free market, low taxes, less building restrictions, and buy my freedom from society after a decade of working, instead of working until my grave.
>>
>>9318054
No don't
After recently graduating from NEETdom, it's a t truly horrid experience
>>
>>9318054
You have to live off your wealth, or your parent's wealth. At least in the USA.
>>
>>9317336
I can't. I keep returning to the NEET life because nothing beats it. All of the wage slaves defending employment wouldn't work if they didn't feel obligated to.
>>
>>9318055
>Communism is a life time of slavery. I'd rather have a free market, low taxes, less building restrictions, and buy my freedom from society after a decade of working, instead of working until my grave.
This.
>>
>>9318069
>has never enjoyed the joys of work
>has never enjoyed life

desu this probably sums up all of neetdom.

I never enjoyed life as a neet. not once I knew what enjoying life was about.
>>
>>9317336
NEETs are depressed, lazy, useless eaters who fail even at the most basic tasks of self improvement. Their inability to pursue virtue is so radical that I think we shouldn't even consider them people.
>>
>>9318078
The joys of work is a misnomer.
>>
>>9318055
That's just a recipe for a plutocracy, and freedom for the very few. Those neoliberal policies you yearn for have been implemented and have failed every time without exception. They're what led to Britain's economic decline in the late 19th and early 20th century, and they're why the US has been in decline since the 60s.
>>
>>9317951
>>9317978
>parasitic

most of NEETs pay all taxes they have to unlike CEOs of big companies and many celebrities
>>
>>9318099
>global poverty is at the lowest it's ever been
>failed
>>
>>9318078
Of course I've experienced the joys of work. It's why I love being a NEET so much. NEETdom means I get to create what I wish and for myself, satisfying my creative urges. Employment has only ever gotten in the way of meaningful work.
>>
>>9318115
this
>>
>>9318112
>American economy grows significantly, prices go up, but middle class incomes stagnate for decades

Still waiting for that wealth to trickle down.
>>
>>9318125
>Still waiting for that wealth to trickle down
No economist has ever thought "trickle down economics" was a thing. Ever. It's literally a leftists strawman.
Also, you've not refuted my point at all. Capitalism rules the globe. Poverty has gone down and it keeps going down.
>>
The Last Men prototype, pioneers of blinking.
>>
>>9318133
I never argued against capitalism. I argued against free markets, low taxes, fewer restrictions. Look at virtually every prosperous country and you'll find an economy that was heavily regulated. America, during its period of most prodigious growth, was extremely protectionist, with some of the highest tariffs as well as the strategic use of subsidies. Same was true with Britain, Germany, France, and, if you want to look at even more recent history, South Korea. Governments have played an integral role in long-term economic development throughout history. In freer markets, because short-term profits are the aim of private companies, the status quo tends to be preserved.
>>
>>9317336
government checks can only buy so many tendies
>>
>>9318203
Where the fuck is this tendies meme from?
>>
File: 785.png (99KB, 597x362px) Image search: [Google]
785.png
99KB, 597x362px
>>9318238
/r9k/, around the same time as GBP. It's the only meme from that hellhole I find funny, simply because all the outlandish stories imply an understanding audience.
>>
File: 1476297752554.jpg (62KB, 840x544px) Image search: [Google]
1476297752554.jpg
62KB, 840x544px
>>9317981
pleasure is the only source of meaning in this world. it can be carnal or spiritual, but nonetheless pleasure.
>>
>>9317940
Lol this must be fake.
NEETs don't go outside.
>>
>>9317978
Weakness of parents or government, I'd say. Not yours, if you don't feel moraly obliged.
>>
>>9317935
I was NEET for a whole year and it was pretty cool.
>>
>>9317336
NEETdom is life-denying.

You kiterally can't debate this.
>>
>>9317935
>doing wage work and having your employer take a cut of the wealth you created is supposed to be fulfilling
I'll be an employer or a welfare leech but i would rather kill myself than be a wage worker.
>>
>>9317336
NEETdom is psychologically, physiologically, and developmentally damaging.

"Not in Education, Employment, or Training"
The acronym does not justify what the term has come to actually describe and the reasons for such a disposition to occur. You don't even have to criticize it from your own perspective; just ask yourself, have you ever heard of a non-deluded, healthy, fulfilled NEET?
>>
File: wj2.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
wj2.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>>9319211

I've never heard of a non-deluded, healthy, fulfilled wagecuck either...
>>
>>9317498
>a fancy cravate makes your neetdom different

el o el
>>
>>9318056
You sound like a pleb who needs to distract himself from his own existence.

NEETdom is great.
>>
>>9319175
Whats wrong with deying """""life""""? Who do you think you are to judge what is life and what is not life?
>>
File: 1490494187567.png (4KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1490494187567.png
4KB, 400x400px
>>9317336
-It's not economically feasible for the full population, therefore it cannot be given as a right. If it can't be a right then it is entirely based upon circumstance (that being the charity of others).

-It's life denying like another anon said

-It is decadent

-It is not independently sustainable
>>
>staying home all day
>omg what a loser
>work in McDonald's
>wtf im overman now?!
wagecuck logic, everyone
>>
File: udie.png (550KB, 300x468px) Image search: [Google]
udie.png
550KB, 300x468px
>>9319175

yeah it is, I'm denying something that's awful, what's your point?
>>
>>9319175
>animals are life-denying

wew laddio
>>
>>9319258
ghosty
>>
>>9319254
NEETdom means living the life of an animal. You're not overcoming nothing, and you're not exerting your will in any sensible way. If you think that you're doing so by shutting yourself in a room for 30 years accomplishing nothing that just speaks volumes about how mediocre you really are.
>>
>>9319264
>Brb imma not go hunt for food and let the pack starve

NEETs are life denying.
>>
>>9319267

why are you putting such a premium on exerting your will or overcoming?
>>
>>9319266
Just like the legacies of NEETs.
>>
>>9319264
You should aspire to be a human, not an animal. You have limitless potential, and you're wasting it by living a life of NEETdom. You learn nothing, you create nothing, you do nothing in general. You sedate yourself with cheap entertainment, and then you die, just like a dog dies.
>>
>>9317373
>enters specific form of education
>NOT IN EDUCATION EMPLOYMENT OR TRAINING
your translation is shit btw, Heimat doesn't mean that
>>
>>9319279
>humans aren't animals
>>
>>9319275
Because it's a Nietzche thread.
The point is to argue against NEETdom as Nietzsche without using the ressentiment argument.
>>
File: 1476369750051.png (182KB, 866x635px) Image search: [Google]
1476369750051.png
182KB, 866x635px
>>9319272
There is a biological niche for NEETdom. Outsourcing the energy needed for food production and other necessities is extremely efficient as an evolutionary tactic.

>>9319279
Nice strawman there, buddy. I learn, create and do much more than most wageslaves.
>>
>>9319283
>humans should not aspire to overcome their being animals
>humans should instead spend their lives on the internet, doing nothing until they die
>>
>>9319287
NEETdom means that you're not pursuing any sort of education, this means that you're not a NEET
>>
>>9319284

I know, but I'm questioning your argument
>>
>>9319289
>spending your time handling the spreadsheats of your boss is overcoming your animal nature
>spending your time savouring and creating dank memes is not

19th century protestant work ethic is tiresome as shit desu senpai
>>
>>9319293
Right, so every time I have a Wikipedia tab open or look at a traffic sign or a food label I'm not NEET.

By your definition needs do not exist except for maybe the comatose and the intensely retarded.
>>
File: 1489461488458.jpg (52KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1489461488458.jpg
52KB, 650x650px
>>9317336
"ressentiment" isn't a real thing.
>>
>>9319289
>you can overcome materiality
>>
>>9319301
*neets desu
>>
>>9319301
wagecucks btfo
>>
>>9319294
Because it makes sense, once you start doing it you will quickly realize that humans are really supposed to live this way, and that living this way is not a sacrifice at all (instead is probably the most fullfilling form of existence).
Exerting your will is to express your creativity, even forcefully, on the world. I don't see, for example, why would you not want to live a magnified form of your dream lifestyle.
Overcoming is what you need to become what you are. To truly see the limits of your personality, to stop treating yourself as a self and to start seeing yourself as a multitude, and only then to redirect this multitude to what you really desire through a unifying idea (what we could call a "life goal").

I don't see how you could choose the NEET path knowing this.
>>
>>9319302
>"ressentiment"
>posts on 4chan
>>
>>9319305
>you can't be arbitrary and just choose to assign value to something (wether it's art, science, philantropy, conquering, whatever)

>>9319301
That's semantics. Are you just skimming random facts on the internet? Then you're not in education.

>>9319296
I obviously was not implying wageslavery, nor I am promoting work for work's sake.
What I'm saying is that if you're a NEET and you're not studying to become great at something you suck.
>>
>>9319314

>Exerting your will is to express your creativity, even forcefully, on the world.

you're free to do this as a NEET

>I don't see, for example, why would you not want to live a magnified form of your dream lifestyle.

you know what 99.9% of jobs are like, right? they're not tailored to the best express the creativity of whomever is partaking in them, they're tailored to maintenance and petty bullshit
>>
>>9319324
>That's semantics. Are you just skimming random facts on the internet? Then you're not in education.
NEET refers to people who aren't formally (self-)employed and aren't involved in formal education. I'm not the one trying to bend the definition, that is what you are doing. Formal education, not 'any sort of education'. If I would befriend a carpenter and have him teach me things I would still formally be NEET.

People can learn and better themselves very well without being involved in formal schooling.

>I obviously was not implying wageslavery, nor I am promoting work for work's sake.
>What I'm saying is that if you're a NEET and you're not studying to become great at something you suck.
Greatness for greatness' sake is as silly as work for work's sake.
>>
So where are all the good arguments against NEETdom? it just sounds like wagecucks defending the status-quo because of their lack of autonomy.
>>
>>9319351
what you idiots don't understand is that you need to go through all that bullshit in order to overcome and do something great, starting has always been the most difficult part
>waaah b-but girls live life on easy mode ;_;
>waaah I'm poor waah
just go and get that job at McDonalds, you will be able to get better jobs if you have some kind of experience
Do you expect jobs to be great just as comfy as your bedroom? of course they suck
>>
>>9319335
>you're free to do this as a NEET
It would require education, wether it is formal or not.

>you know what 99.9% of jobs are like, right? they're not tailored to the best express the creativity of whomever is partaking in them, they're tailored to maintenance and petty bullshit
If you're a NEET you can disregard working unless it is part of your life goal. You've got lots of free time, enough time to sort yourself out (fuck you JP for coopting it) and master a craft, or find your way into whatever project you're interested in.

It would not be the case if you were to be a wageslave (but even they should never take the victim's role, since there is no escape from it), but you're not: you're a guy who can do whatever he wants all day long. Stop wasting your potential.

>>9319346
>Formal education, not 'any sort of education'.
You can formally educate yourself, it does not imply the aid of any other institution, such as universities.

>People can learn and better themselves very well without being involved in formal schooling.

I would call that education, and I would not be a fool for doing so: we both know that 99% of NEETs on 4chan are not involved in any sort of self-improvement.

>Greatness for greatness' sake is as silly as work for work's sake.
Greatness is not a universal concept. You know what it means to be an excellent human, and you what being great means to you.

>>9319365
lol, this guy has read Nietzsche and he ended up thinking that there is some sort of dignity in wageslavery. Doing nothing in your house is as valuable as doing nothing in a McDonald.
>>
>>9319370
>You can formally educate yourself, it does not imply the aid of any other institution, such as universities.
When what makes it formal to you? Intention? No dancing around please.

>I would call that education, and I would not be a fool for doing so: we both know that 99% of NEETs on 4chan are not involved in any sort of self-improvement.
I would disagree on that. Most NEETs I've spoken to live way more deliberately than your average wageslave.

>Greatness is not a universal concept. You know what it means to be an excellent human, and you what being great means to you.
In that case I would agree on it being worth pursuing desu. But I think even a lot of the really down and out trash NEETs do so in a way. The conscious ones at least, the ones you talk to online, often seem to have a Bartleby-like approach to futility and their pursuit of greatness lies in the non-engagement that seems the correct response to their worldview of futility and pessimism.
>>
>>9319365
>>9319365
Who do you so readily presume that greatness must be found in economic activity of some kind?

Americans are honestly suffering from their lack of any sort of aristocratic sensibilities. The highest thing you can conceive of is a businessman.
>>
>>9319370
the difference is that you get paid to be in McDonalds, stop being a parasite, help your parents by paying for some stuff from time to time, or simply paying for YOUR stuff instead of being a parasite to them. You want to live thanks to the world without giving anything in change. I think there is dignity in not being a parasite, the medium doesnt matter. You just have a prejudice towards working at McDonalds because society has teached you that
>>
>>9319381
>When what makes it formal to you? Intention? No dancing around please.
Structured studying that strives for a goal, wether it is proficience, erudition or a set of skills that you need in order to do what you have to do.
Skimming facts on the internet is not propedeutic to anything, unless you put some order into what you're doing.

>I would disagree on that. Most NEETs I've spoken to live way more deliberately than your average wageslave.
When I think about NEETs I think about the typical /r9k/ user. That said, being a bit better than other mediocre people while still being mediocre is not a sound victory for NEETdom.

>The conscious ones at least, the ones you talk to online, often seem to have a Bartleby-like approach to futility and their pursuit of greatness lies in the non-engagement that seems the correct response to their worldview of futility and pessimism.
Which is life-denying, and there are lots of reasons for argue against life-denying tendencies. In what way living as a boring, passionless NEET is worse than living as an artist NEET? It's just a rationalization for lazyness and various addiction (most notably to internet).
>>
File: 3842390.jpg (52KB, 325x413px) Image search: [Google]
3842390.jpg
52KB, 325x413px
>>9319175
life denial is the highest virtue
>>
>>9319392
I never said something great was found in economic activities, they are just medium towards some kind of goal, regardless of what you want to become you need to eat first, to eat you need money, to get money you need to get a job, unless you want to be some kind of parasite
>>
>>9319394
Working at McDonald's is not some neutral action you do just because: it is, instead, a draining, stressful activity that steals from you most of your productive time, giving nothing of real value in return.
I could understand your argument it your parents are really struggling cause of you, but if there is no heavy sacrifice involved you should just take this opportunity and make something out of it.

>>9319417
>indoctrinated capitalist try to coopt Nietzsche
Stop, it's pathetic.
>>
>>9319392
This. Diogenes in the barrel should be part of kindergarten storytime.
>>
>>9319417
>to get money you need to get a job, unless you want to be some kind of parasite
all great men were 'parasites', if you want to use that phrase for 'letting your inferiors do the boring work for you so you can focus on higher things'.
>>
>>9319415
if you don't enjoy life why are you still living?
you actually enjoy lif, but you are too much of a coward lazyass you give something in change
by being alive you are not completly denying life, you either embrace life or kill yourself, anything in between is being mediocre
>>
>Americans are honestly suffering from their lack of any sort of aristocratic sensibilities. The highest thing you can conceive of is a businessman.

Economic activity makes greatness possible.
>>
>>9319442
nawh dawg we actually doing artistic masterpiece over here we totally not be masturbating 24/7 xd
>>
>>9319439
>if you don't enjoy degenerative muscle disease why did you get it?
you don't get to choose what you do, buddy
>>
>>9319442
So does taking shits, but that doesn't mean it should be the focus of your existence.
>>
>>9319436
>all great men were 'parasites'
"no"
>>9319423
We live in a capitalist world, embrace it. If the system changes someday, embrace it
>>
>>9319461
we live in a mixed economy world where certain people can get away with being neet, embrace it
>>
>>9317498
You are also your living space, pleb
>>
>>9317947
>>9317950
>>9317981
>>9319161
Wageslaves have a notorious lack of humor. sad!
>>
>>9317347
>body without organs
go away deleuze
>>
>>9317373
>he left his home
opinion discarded
>>
>>9317336

They're the last men.
>>
>wanting to work to make ends meet

Honestly, kill yourselves. The Protestant Work Ethic was propaganda and is cursing us so fucking much it's unbelievable.

I am majority NEET, but I do odd jobs for people and do my own thing. I only have a business licence for something because I don't want to get fucked by the government that doesn't want to do anything for me except invade other countries. My "job" is easy as fuck (worm farming) and leaves me tons of time to do whatever I want with as long as I'm ready for the farmer's market on Saturdays.

It's nice, relaxing, and I don't even consider it work at all. If it weren't for this (and the odd jobs mentioned that I do for friends at my own pace) I would be NEET, and I would be happy. If you're unhappy being a NEET congratulations you have fallen for propaganda and you are the boring one. Neck it.
>>
>>9319442
The true aristocracy is defined by their goals, not their past
>>9319453
You get to choose what to do with you didnt get to choose
>>
>>9319471
The fact that they can get away with being NEET doesnt mean it is a virtue
>>9319762
/thread
>>
>>9319794

Elaborate on the worm farm thing for me, please.

-t. aspiring NEET
>>
>>9320035

Google vermicomposting. You're basically taking worms and selling their shit. You can also sell the worms for fishing, but I don't really want that to happen to my worms so I don't.

Low maintenance stuff.
>>
>>9320041
Post your worms
>>
>>9320047

No. I never post anything that can be in any way traced back to me.
>>
>>9319794
I was NEET for a year, it started because of my mental problems but then I got over them, then I enjoyed NEETdom for some months. Eventually I got bored. I needed a job to be able to do other stuff, and thats when I stopped being NEET. I think it is a positive thing to do, everyone should be NEET for at least some months of their life.
>>
>>9320053
>implying anyone cares about you
Worms or GTFO
>>
>>9320053
Just post some of the worms
>>
>>9317336

you get fat, ugly, and smell bad, and you get interested in stupefying hobbies like anime figurine collecting. these things can only be defended by stupid, fat-ugly anime figurine collectors who smell bad.
>>
>>9320097
Yet another straw man. A tad insecure my dude.
>>
>>9319121
>pleasure is the only source of meaning in this world.
Pleasure is undefined, unquantafiable and worthless. It is a hedonistic hole that lacks all creative process.
You are simply mistaking pleasure for happiness.
It is not pleasure but happiness that is the source of meaning in this world. And the process of creation to give meaning is the ultimate goal, of life, not pleasure.
For example, killing all NEETs is pleasurable and is therefore a good meaning for the world. Very Utilitarian, wouldn't you agree?

>>9319172
While true, it is still your weakness for putting yourself in such a situation. Exploiting the good will of others is not strength. If the government or your parents decide to no longer sustain your NEETdom, you would be fucked. That is weakness.
>>
I guess that if you are actually happy being NEET, there is nothing wrong with it
Being a NEET implies a lot of stuff that doesnt make me happy
>>
>>9320041

The things you learn. I had no idea this was a thing. Thanks anon, keep up the semi-NEETdom
>>
> Exploiting the good will of others is not strength. If the government or your parents decide to no longer sustain your NEETdom, you would be fucked. That is weakness.

Too general, you could apply that to wagecucks with limited skills, old, or disabled people. If you're gonna take your life for granted and think you'll be rewarded for work that is probably arbitrary to your happiness i pity you to be honest.
>>
>>9320245
Ok NEET you win
>>
>>9317336
if you are able to provide for yourself and don't, you're a leech on society
>>
>>9320245
>you could apply that to wagecucks with limited skills
no, because they could find menial work elsewhere. the reality is that they work for a living, and NEETs don't.

>old, or disabled people.
being old or disabled is not a choice. at least, if you rule out suicide.
>>
>>9320014
>You get to choose what to do with you didnt get to choose
>metaphysical libertarianism

literally incoherent
>>
>>9319794
>worm farming

You sound like something out of a quirky novel desu, I like it.
>>
>>9320041
>but I don't really want that to happen to my worms
please elaborate on your emotion connection to your worms
>>
There's literally nothing wrong with neetdom. The amount of spookery ITT is off the charts.
>>
>>9320367
>wrong
Nice spook
>>
>tfw I was about to leave neetdom forever but the arguments made by the neets itt are too solid
Pls help
>>
>>9319248
>noblemen only shitposted on imageboards and got drunk while living in ugly apartments
>>
>>9320531
They shitposted in taverns and got drunk while living in beautiful manors.
>>
>>9320497
You can always be a neet. Try not being one for a change. Maybe you will like it.
>>
>>9320577
yeah but their shitposting is called literature
>>
File: tao.png (551KB, 584x587px) Image search: [Google]
tao.png
551KB, 584x587px
>>9320829
So is ours.
>>
>>9317336
NEETs are weak and inferior people who live off crumbs from the tables of their betters.
>>
>>9320877
>The problem with the other origin of the “good,” of the good man, as the person of ressentiment has thought it out for himself, demands some conclusion. It is not surprising that the lambs should bear a grudge against the great birds of prey, but that is no reason for blaming the great birds of prey for taking the little lambs. And when the lambs say among themselves, "These birds of prey are evil, and he who least resembles a bird of prey, who is rather its opposite, a lamb,—should he not be good?" then there is nothing to carp with in this ideal's establishment, though the birds of prey may regard it a little mockingly, and maybe say to themselves, "We bear no grudge against them, these good lambs, we even love them: nothing is tastier than a tender lamb."
>>
File: 1478673995128.png (295KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1478673995128.png
295KB, 600x600px
>>9320329
This
>>
>>9320637
I can't always be a NEET, daddy and mommy will die someday and I wish I can find a carreer someday, maybe have a family and maybe write a decent novel, but everything seems so not worth it, I just cant belive in anything, all that stuff seem like nothing but lies and false hopes, NEET is the only honest lifestyle, or is that the true lie? Endless void
>>
>>9320982
You can always be a NEET. You can always quit your career, leave your family and throw away your novel. For now, stop being a whining faggot and try things instead.
>>
>>9320894
BTFO wagecucks. All of western philosophy has been criticizing your redundant pointless lives. take over the reigns already, stop being the status quo and just beeurself.
>>
>>9321013
The funny thing about militant wagies is you can immediately tell they didn't start with the Greeks.
>>
>>9320982
People have the misconception that when their parents die they're gonna be shit out of luck. But more often than not you'd received any social security that was owed to them (if you live in the USA at least). It's usually a lot.
>>
>>9321004
I just want an authentic life
>>
File: 6dw.gif (948KB, 302x304px) Image search: [Google]
6dw.gif
948KB, 302x304px
>>9317347
NEET= Empty BwO
Wagecuck= Cancerous BwO
Overman= Full BwO
>>
>>9317978
>that's weakness; your entire livelihood is determined by the whims of others.

and why should I care? Is there a dude that's gonna judge my "strength" when I die? I haven't worked for a year and I've been focusing on my projects and I love it. I've caught up on my reading and writing, in the process of of making a short film, and created my own skyrim overhaul mod with its own lore and story. If I was working alongside my classes I would have enough time for just those two, in order to make like $9 a hour. I don't buy anything, I don't want anything except a nice place to live and food. When I graduate I'm gonna work like a dog and spend no money while I love with my parents for a few years. After a while I'll have enough for investments to make most of my income while I work freelance. Fuck working, society has no need for me, there's enough wageslaves in this world
>>
>>9318108
Wtf? If CEOs had negative taxes they would pay all their taxes too.
>>
>>9321485
You should care because if the government stops paying your benefits, or your family dies or loses their job and are unable to help you financially, then you're fucked.

This has nothing to do with people judging your strength but standing up for yourself for the sake of your own damn life and being creative.

>created my own skyrim overhaul mod with its own lore and story.
lol

>I don't want anything except a nice place to live and food.
And yet you don't want to work for yourself to obtain that goal, you want it given to you through the work of others and their own strength and accomplishments.

>When I graduate I'm gonna work like a dog and spend no money while I love with my parents for a few years.
But you're not at that point yet and still rely on your family for your well being, and if they're fine with that, hey, that's fine, but it's still weakness as your livelihood is dependent on them.
>>
>>9322856
To be honest, my dude, this sounds a lot like projection. You think philosopher kings (NEETS) haven't prepared themselves for the worst? Do you honestly think a great mind hasn't rationalized and weighed the physical consequences? I honestly pity you seeing as you probably don't have the time to have an interesting or critical thought. Tick tock wagey.

-Whoever then would be free, let him wish for nothing, let him decline nothing, which depends on others; else he must necessarily be a slave.
>>
you dont need to attack neets, they never have sex so they destroy themselves.
>>
File: 1490880460448.gif (2MB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1490880460448.gif
2MB, 500x333px
I think these sort of arguments are harmful because while there's categorically nothing wrong with not working, the hikkiNEETs reading the threads use this to justify their basement-dwelling existence (to their own detriment)
>>
>>9322897
>To be honest, my dude, this sounds a lot like projection. You think philosopher kings (NEETS) haven't prepared themselves for the worst? Do you honestly think a great mind hasn't rationalized and weighed the physical consequences?
What a load of nothing said.
>hey man, trust me, we're smart and shit and it's all cool, parasites can survive without a host, we thought this through.
What a joke mascaraing arrogance for intelligence.

>I honestly pity you seeing as you probably don't have the time to have an interesting or critical thought. Tick tock wagey.
You'd be surprised, because I'm a NEET myself.
I already have everything I need and I don't work. However, simply because I am free does not mean working is bad by not being entirely free. In a way, it gives purpose and is freedom in its own way. The fact that you are unable to see the value of working shows that you are spooked beyond redemption.
>>
>>9317336
Life is about making interesting experiences, which NEETdom does rarely offer.
>>
>>9323115
How so? As a NEET you have a lot more free time for those interesting experiences. Unless you consider going to the office an interesting experience?
>>
>>9317336
People who don't struggle will drift towards boredom, depression and existential crisis.
Men are attuned to climb dominance hierarchies. If you don't, you'll suffer meaninglessly.
>>
>>9323126
>implying you're not a basement dweller
>>
>>9323141
I'm not even a NEET
>>
>>9323150
okay
>implying most NEETs aren't basement dwellers
>>
>>9323115

>be neet
>save up a bunch of money
>backpack throughout asia
>be gone as long as you want because you have no obligations

solved
>>
>>9323158
Irrelevant. It doesn't matter what most NEETs are. Most wagies don't live very fulfilling lives either, have you noticed? As a NEET you will have a lot more time to do whatever you want. You can waste that time or do something productive, it is your choice.
>>
>>9323176
see >>9322980
everyone knows that you can be a legendary philosopher or artist or whatever without being employed, but the kind of people who say shit like "wagies" are a completely different kind of being to that sort of NEET
>>
>>9323187
And how will not being a NEET solve this problem?
>>
>>9323161
>>9323126
If you consider purchasing the product "travel" to in itself represent an interesting experience, maybe. I don't. Or do you just go "off the beaten path" as directed by tripadvisor?

What I mean is that if work for you equals unskilled labour then indeed NEETdom might be equally tiring and you're fucked either way. But my impression is that many of the NEETs here have at least decent verbal intelligence that would qualify them for interesting professions. I think their problem is likely more one of self-doubt, lack of discipline, lack of resistance to adversity, lack of stamina, all perhaps associated with an unfortunate upbringing and/or drug use.

I think that the interesting life experiences are generally unlocked by believing and pulling through, and a NEET is mostly a person that never had those few crucial experiences that ignite the positive feedback loop that gives a priori motivation for at least trying.
>>
>>9323210
Yeah, most NEETs aren't exactly NEETs by choice. They don't do it to have more time for productive things. Fuck those guys though.

I'm afraid I don't really understand your comment about travel. Why don't you consider travelling an interesting experience?
>>
>>9323222
http://home.bn-ulm.de/~ulschrey/literatur/benn/benn_reisen.html

It's a German poem about how travel sucks, I really like it.

I think travel can be interesting but is mostly hedonism and that other things are more interesting. In particular, the interesting stuff mostly only appears once you dig deeper into a subject, which you have to focus and work for, while travel remains relatively unselective. Also I don't like how travel is a product you buy and then brag about as if it was a formal upgrade to your character.
>>
File: 1490393847421.png (34KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
1490393847421.png
34KB, 560x407px
I wish I had a job. Sadly there are no jobs.
>>
>>9317373
>thirty years old
>>
>>9323237
You make some good point.
>the interesting stuff mostly only appears once you dig deeper into a subject
Very true. The main reason I am not a NEET.
>I don't like how travel is a product you buy and then brag about as if it was a formal upgrade to your character
I disagree. You find those sort of people in every hobby. This board is a great example. It always surprises me how people stop themselves from trying something they might love because of the shitty behavior exhibited by some.
>>
>>9323207
the question is why this discussion is had in the first place, and it seems to be to justify their own NEETdom by presenting it as the most virtuous alternative, and then completely ignoring all the personal flaws that likely led to being a NEET in the first place, such as rampant aimlessness and laziness

if you buy into the false dichotomy of NEET vs wagie the NEET will feel good about himself and keep going into self-destruction when he should be working on all the character flaws that led to him being NEET in the first place, and then ascending from hikki to wagie and maybe even up to aristo (which is where you are when you're so driven that being NEET is more work than actually being employed)
>>
>>9319461
>all great men were 'parasites'
>"no"

I don't see how you'd go about denying this. The whole point of having an aristocracy is to have the people on the top be free from needing to work through a menial existence and instead have all the time they need to write novels, attend concerts, learn about military strategy, train for sport, mingle with other elements of high society, philosophize etc.

There were many greats who were middle class and who were able to sustain themselves through patronage and selling their works of course, but the few who actually had other full time jobs (Kafka) despised those times.
>>
>>9323269
noblemen are more like predators than parasites tbqh
>>
>>9323289
But the life they lead was one they were generally born into and made possible on the backs of those beneath them in status who did have to work and who generally lacked the opportunities that they did.
>>
>>9323324
noblemen as a class were supported by their martial prowess though

NEETs exist solely by the grace of their parents and/or the state
>>
File: IMG_20170329_173602.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170329_173602.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
you all need to read more
e.g.
Das Beste, was wir tun können, ist nichts by Björn Kern
or David Graeber on Bullshit Jobs etc.

NE TRAVAILLEZ JAMAIS!
>>
>>9323413
also this

https://thebaffler.com/blog/so-what-do-you-do
>>
>>9317336
So how do the working-age able-bodied not-having-inherited NEETs do it legally without depending on their parents?
>>
>>9323084
>value
>spooked

Lol.
>>
File: 65.jpg (18KB, 300x221px) Image search: [Google]
65.jpg
18KB, 300x221px
>>9323267
>rampant aimlessness and laziness

But those are virtues, just ones you don't agree with. Sorry they don't bolster your status quo. You should honestly start reading more anon.
>>
>>9323652
virtues are expensive, laziness is cheap
>>
>attaching meaning to an acronym created by some british welfare office bureaucrat
Stay spooked
>>
>>9323584
Autism. Literally. I do live at home, but pay my own bills and board and have a side job, but otherwise I have no responsibilities and get government money, so I can save up while doing nothing but working on my own projects.
>>
>>9323688
What's the side job?
>>
>>9323084
A load of nothing? Have you read anything in regards to the stoa, or classical cynicism? Your opinions may be disqualified if not.
>>
>>9323696
Helping old ladies cross the road.
>>
>>9323753
I don't think Boy Scout counts as a job desu.
>>
>>9318081

>NEETs are depressed, lazy, useless eaters who fail even at the most basic tasks of self-improvement.

See, I think this is a fallacy. Not all NEETs act like those portrayed in media (i.e. anime-esque hikis or welfare cheats). Many simply go about their daily lives without prompting behaviour that warrants special attention.

The fallacy is believing the few you see/know represent the whole pie.
>>
>>9323187

Yeah, this. Never understood it at all.

It is obviously the epitome of 'ressentiment'.
>>
NEET is the ultimate lifestyle: Do anything you want whenever you want, stress free. I dropped out of education and became NEET for over a year. Now I gave almost no debt. I'm currently wagecucking 30 hours a week, saving 90% of it. I plan on returning to full time NEET very soon, possibly in some poor hot country where I could NEET for even longer.

The key to successful NEETdom is good relations with family members. If you look after the house, are pleasant to be around, people will generally not mind you living with them.
>>
>>9323894
Pathetic
>>
File: e.png (177KB, 255x326px) Image search: [Google]
e.png
177KB, 255x326px
>>9323894
I don't approve of the wagecucking, but god bless brother. Continue the great lineage of our kind.
>>
>>9317940
This vid is comedy genius when you think of the real world juxtaposition of some emotionally unstable, smelly human, eating tendies in his mom's basement
>>
There's nothing essentially wrong with being a NEET except that civilization still needs human labor at the moment.

I don't feel guilty for letting ol' civilization down, however, 'cause it's not done me any favors. In fact, if it had taken better care of me, I probably never would've went down the NEET path in the first place. Things would have flowed differently.
>>
>>9325071
Ah! a true philosopher here my dudes. See what you've created wage cucks? an iconoclast! Maybe you're not so useless after all.
>>
>>9322856
This comment is such a massive projection, it's pathetic.

>You should care because if the government stops paying your benefits, or your family dies or loses their job and are unable to help you financially, then you're fucked.
Then I will get a job. I'm not "fucked" because I'm not disabled or retarded. I'm not working now because there is no need to work

>This has nothing to do with people judging your strength but standing up for yourself for the sake of your own damn life and being creative.

Is my life any less meaningful because I'm not working for material gain? It seems like you only put value on a person's life from the wealth that person generates. That might be our society's definition of worth, but I told you already, I don't give a fuck. I'm not gonna be judged upon my death, so why should I care? If I'm enjoying my pursuits and feel it's worth my life, than why should I dedicate myself in the vain pursuit of money in order to meet your expectations? "Standing up for yourself" what does this even mean? A bunch of dumb phrases that mean nothing.

>created my own skyrim overhaul mod with its own lore and story.
>lol

If you want to create your own rpg, but don't have millions of dollars and a team of people, using the engine is a great way to get my vision out, even if you think it's funny

>And yet you don't want to work for yourself to obtain that goal, you want it given to you through the work of others and their own strength and accomplishments.

Where did I say I wanted people to hand that to me? All I'm saying is at this point in my life, there is no need to work because the only things I want can not be obtained by that level of job. I'm a student, any job I can get will pay me shit money. My time is worth more than $9 an hour. We all depend on others in our lives, don't kid yourself and think you are truly independent. You are so disconnected with the amenities you have that you think paying for something is truly earning it.
>>
>tfw JUST accepted a job at Burger King
Did I fuck up? At least I guess I'm overcoming being a leach to my parents
Hope the experience will make me able to get another, better job, in wich I hopefully get the chance to read
>>
>>9317978
Well there's that Neetcha quote where he says something like: the strength of a beast an be measured in how many parasites it can nourish comfortably
>>
>>9325907
pls respond
>>
all posts here strawman neetdom into "nerds, anxious, incapable, fat/skinny, like to indulge on ~lesser~ art forms like anime and video games...". you can be neet and exercise. you can be neet and dress well. you can be neet and spend your time reading, painting, whatever. you can be a neet and go outside. not that you need to do any of these, regardless, since there's nothing inherently superior about being a kant scholar in good shape versus being a fat agoraphobic manchild playing overwatch all day, as long as both fulfil the person.

end point is, if your parents support you, great - they may even have to, since they brought you into this world without your consent. if you're supported by the government, great - you probably have some sort of disability that makes it ok to receive such amount.
>>
>>9326728
really opened my chakras
>>
nvm not all, some posts some are on the right track. basically this >>9323187
>>
I think being NEET is great but not for more than a year or so
>>
>>9320492
work isn't in the interest of my ego
>>
>>9326884
>ego
spook central
>>
>>9326904
your concepts are also spooks, everything that's not my creative nothing is a spook
Thread posts: 212
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.