[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this so good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: cover.jpg (392KB, 649x1000px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
392KB, 649x1000px
Why is this so good?
>>
Why don't you tell us?
>>
huh, i knew lydia davis wanted to translate the title of swann's way like that but that penguin denied her. i didnt know the uk branch of penguin acquiesced.
>>
>>9316308
It only gets better..
>>
File: IMG_7471.jpg (111KB, 558x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7471.jpg
111KB, 558x768px
>>9316308
Because of all the work he put into it.
>>
>>9316308
What is so good about it? I've been thinking about diving into it since I finished Ulysses
>>
>>9316308
I was choosing a book from audible (free credit day arrived) and I clicked on the sample for this book. First encounter, segment out of context, drawn in deep.

It's very subjective and emotionally tender. The antidote to so much hard as nails sensory american lit.
>>
>>9316308
Because you don't know any better.
>>
>>9316809
The sound of one hand clapping..
>>
cause he was honest and unpretentious.

he was an authentically sensitive and quirky person, so when he wrote, that shone through well. You find yourself laughing out loud and then feeling your heart moved by the guy.

most who try to imitate him, however, are not like that. they're insensitive and normal. So when they try to be weird, it falls flat
>>
>>9316648
You are literally Proust
>>
>>9316322
Her translation is fantastic btw
>>
I swear to God this is the unofficial meme book. It's so much worse than any of the big 'uns.
>>
it's long therefore it's gud
>>
>read the first pee poo book a couple weeks ago
>Can't be fucked to read the rest of the poo book
It sucked
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.