[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm interested in horrorist philosophy. I've been reading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

I'm interested in horrorist philosophy. I've been reading several of Nick Land's blogposts (especially from his 'abstract horror' series) and will soon check out pic related and Negarestani's Cyclonopedia. Any other materials in a similar vein?
>>
no

i fucking hate this site

i think land, thacker, and negarman are fine but holy shit horror fans are awful
>>
>>9316026
It's just a tentative categorization. We can agree to call it something else if you have any contributions to make.
>>
Cyclonopedia is good, very good in fact, for what's worth I'd recommend Fisher's The Weird and the Eerie
>>
>>9316016
my friend had him as a prof

confirmed he's an emo kid who thinks he's saying something sick and mystical when he isn't
>>
>>9316143
>Fisher's The Weird and the Eerie
I've read a bit of that guy's k-punk blog, which had some good musical analyses. I'll try to check that out.
>>
Wtf is all this. I keep hearing about it but I'm sure even sure if it's non-fiction or fiction. Can someone give a quick rundown?
>>
My diary desu
>>
>>9316379
it's theory-fiction mate
>>
>>9316389
Yes but what IS it?
>>
>>9316400
spooky
>>
>>9316016
I think I saw something about that on /r/Horror.

>>>/qa/1191620
>>
>>9316016
I wouldn't recommend reading your pic. It's not very insightful or creepy.
>>
>>9316400
nick land came up with the concept of "hypersitiion" which is a "superstition that makes itself real". think of it as a proto-meme-magic from the 90s, with a dark obsession with machine gods that will eat your brain

read nick land's "meltdown" (http://ccru.net/swarm1/1_melt.htm) it'll give you the flavor at least. probably incomprehensible but if you saturate yourself in this stuff for a while you begin to get what he's saying. check out nicks blog at xenosystems.net too, greatist hits include his "abstract horror" and "islamic vortex" series'

basically its all about memeing/predicting the apocalypse or the end of the human era. he has a penchant for finding ideas that just "work on their own" so to speak, it comes from his background in cybernetics and deleuze and guattari. he looks for abstract concept-circuits that lead to catastrophe, might be a good way to think about it.

I've been following him for a couple years, I have to say I enjoy him more as fiction than theory these days. I've definitely felt the almost madness inducing horror his work is meant to evoke, but for whatever reason it doesn't phase me these days. I think depending on how you approach it, it can either swallow you whole or force you to get your metaphysical assumptions in order and come out with a more equanimous disposition. I don't know if you're familiar with the term "dark night of the soul" from mystics and such, but I would say its definitely a possible means to trigger that.
>>
File: 1489696636619.jpg (275KB, 1500x1041px) Image search: [Google]
1489696636619.jpg
275KB, 1500x1041px
>>9317888
Give me a reading list mate
>>
>>9316143
Cyclonopedia was FUCKING DRIVEL.
>>
File: cosmic-pessimism-thacker[1].jpg (10KB, 336x499px) Image search: [Google]
cosmic-pessimism-thacker[1].jpg
10KB, 336x499px
>>9316016
Is Thacker just trying to ride the popularity of Ligotti and True Detective?
>>
>>9317888
>nick land came up with

He didn't come up with anything. The idea of manifesting destiny is very old.
>>
>>9318153
What makes you say that?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.