[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can we destroy postmodernism? It's not only destroying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: swj.jpg (107KB, 807x935px) Image search: [Google]
swj.jpg
107KB, 807x935px
How can we destroy postmodernism? It's not only destroying society, but it's destroying our very ability to interpret society as anything at all.
>>
File: image.jpg (78KB, 707x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 707x500px
>>9315027
I want mods to ban people who talk about psotmodernism without knowing anything about it.

I WANT THEM BANNED NOW
FUCK YOU
AND FUCK J PETERSON
>>
>>9315048

Maybe I'm just interpreting postmodernism differently to you, Anon. All interpretations are equal and valid.
>>
>>9315027
>postmodernism
>2017
Even Pelevin and Sorokin stopped write posmodernism man.
>>
>>9315062
This is the most fucking retarded post and completely confirms what the other anon said. Read a book on postmodernism and if you don't understand it just fucking kill yourself.
>>
File: image.png (8KB, 509x619px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
8KB, 509x619px
>>9315027
>it's another "postmodernism sucks... I really know nothing about it, but what talking heads on youtube are saying sounds scary >.<" episode
>>
>>9315027
99% of "society" doesn't know or care what postmodernism is
only pseuds with nothing better to do actually think about this
>>
>>9315027
How should society be interpreted, in your opinion?
>>
>>9315027
Well, postmodernism is kind of dead (when it comes to philosophy) - no need to destroy it.
Gender studies, postmodern analytical techniques in literary studies, and all the other shit that emerged from philosophical postmodernism are admittetly quite alive right now, but since their philosophical superstructure broke off, they're kind of moribund. It's only a question of time.
>>
>>9315089
Why would you read a book when words simply refer to contexts without any center of absolute anchoring?

>>9315107

I'm not proposing any particular way to interpret society, I'm proposing that it's harmful to interpret interpretations out of existence.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr9bVe68OZM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q52UASp3Nmc&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwcVLETRBjg
>>
>>9315121
>I'm proposing that it's harmful to interpret interpretations out of existence.

Who does that, in your opinion?
>>
>>9315145

Postmodernists.
>>
It's not going anywhere as long as there are atheists
>>
>>9315159
No one in particular? Just ALL of them? Hell, who is a postmodernist in your opinion, and what do you think their philosophical thesis sre?
>>
File: 4732894723123.jpg (17KB, 326x499px) Image search: [Google]
4732894723123.jpg
17KB, 326x499px
If only reactionaries and conservatives harnessed the power of the so called "postmodernists" that they hate so much...

I mean, John Milbank and Radical Orthodoxy is really interesting stuff.
>>
We don't need to do anything, it's already dying.
>>
>>9315170

>No one in particular? Just ALL of them?

Yes.
>>
File: ugh.png (119KB, 421x404px) Image search: [Google]
ugh.png
119KB, 421x404px
>>9315073
>Pelevin
>Sorokin
>>
>>9315191
Mods please ban him
PLEASE

You know he deserves it
>>
File: IMG_2659.png (4KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2659.png
4KB, 183x275px
>tfw to smart for postmodernism
>>
>>9315027
Is 'post-modernism' just a catch-all term for popular philosophy located after the linguistic-turn and perspectivism?

Nietzsche is the most famous/canonical figure concerning these, perhaps even responsible for those turns, and he was the opposite of a relativist/egalitarian (which is the main complaint).
>>
>>9315048
>>9315095
>>9315089
Care to spoonfeed a pleb with a brief explanation on postmodern ideas or recommend a book on it? The wikipedia intro is pretty vague.
>>
>>9315238
colloquially it just means "people who are perceived to be enablers of the SJWs"
>>
>>9315259
>*buzzword* means "enabler of *buzzword*"

wow
>>
>>9315268
Well, the vast majority of people complaining about post-modernism have never even read the "post-modernists", and the label is a poor one anyway.
>>
>>9315027
Personally, by developing a theory of merit. When you can describe, without irony, your reason for loving someone, you are well adjusted. If that sounds silly, enjoy permanent boyhood.
>>
>>9315048
I second the motion
>>
>>9315048
>>9315238
>>9315372
Where do the popular ideas about postmodernism come from?
There are descriptions of it going back at least as far as the '90s that have it as
>relativism
>meaningless pseudo-intellectualism
>obsessed with language, power-structures, privilege
>anti-truth
>anti-reason
>anti-science
>etc.
I've never read any of the supposed postmodernists, only looked at a bunch of secondary stuff about them, and I know many people say the term shouldn't even be used.
How correct are those typical descriptions, and if they're completely off the wall where do they come from?
>>
Post-modern literature is great, while post-modern philosophy is garbage.

>>>/qa/1191620
>>
wtf is postmodernism??!
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.