[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the ebook version is more than $15

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: index.jpg (7KB, 237x213px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 237x213px
>the ebook version is more than $15
>>
>>9314292
>the ebook is free on libgen.io
Whoa
>>
>>9314294
I normally buy my books because I'm not a faggot, but if it costs a retarded amount of money to download a fucking FILE, then yeah I'll pirate it. Like I'm not going to spend $35 to download a fucking EPUB. That is absurd.
>>
>>9314306
>because I'm not a faggot
Are you sure about that?
>>
>>9314292
Jesus, $15 for a few megabytes? Honestly, how much info is a typical eBook? I dare say the longer the book the more memory is used, but it seriously can't be much. I keep my eBooks at $0.99 except my latest at $2.99 because I wanted to try out that juicy-looking 70% royalty. It's quite nice, and didn't really cut down on sales, but still, I'm going to keep my eBooks mostly at just $0.99 with probably only my newest one or two being up at $1.99 or $2.99. I honestly believe going above $2.99 would be nothing short of greedy. I even feel bad for making it $2.99 but even though it's just data it's still a far better price than to buy a physical paperback copy. Besides, if a book is truly good, who doesn't want to support the authors they like?
>>
>>9314318
I've been frequently seeing fucking ebooks go as high as $40 now. I am looking for books on science and mathematics though, but a lot of these books are only fucking 200 pages long.

Like, here, take a look. Someone just linked me this book in another thread somewhere over yonder.

https://www.amazon.com/Street-Fighting-Mathematics-Educated-Guessing-Opportunistic/dp/026251429X

>152 pages
>fucking $17 for the ebook version
Are you fucking out of your mind!?
>>
>>9314324
That does sound like a lot of bullshit. If you're going to be spending $40 you better damn well be getting a hardcover version. At 152 pages for $17, a paperback is the LEAST they can do. At $17 they're making a KILLING! What is that, $12 royalty per sale if it's 70%? Though I suppose there's also the aspect of supply and demand; hwo many people wants a book about "street fighting methematics educated guessing opportunistic"... whatever that means? A lot of research goes into such texts as well, I imagine, so it's not something like my novels which can be written in a week or two. It probably takes MONTHS and MONTHS, but still, even for PAPERBACK that's a lot of money to spend let alone for just a fucking eBook. I don't know how many eBook pages my longest book is, but it's 81,000 words and 235 pages in a 5"x8" format which is basically the smallest CreateSpace provides.

Should be small enough to fit in a butt pocket as long as it's thin enough. I have it for $0.99 on eReader/Kindle and $7.99 for paperback. I only make $1.14 for paperback sales, but I want to keep it cheap to encourage people to buy it and check it out. The sequel, which I released very recently, I upped the pricing a bit more even though it's a bit smaller. Around 71,000 words and I think 210 pages in 5x8. $9.99 for paperback of which I get over $2.50 and eReader/Kindle is $2.99 of which I get $2.05. So a bit more profit, but I don't think it's to the point where the pricing is obscene.

Now if I set it for $12.99 for the 210 page paperback, which would probably get me, I dunno, $4 or so, and then set the eReader/Kindle to $4.99 to make me $3.40 or something like that, now that really would be greedy as fuck I think. I'll keep writing though, and probably take the typical approach for pricing; new stuff is marked up for a bit more profit than usual but also keeping in mind the size of the book (no 50-page books for $15 or shit like that), but as previously marked-up stuff gets older I'll bring it down to a more typical price rage; $0.99 for eReader/Kindle and that $9.99 will probably drop to about $7.50 or so. I think that seems fair. I don't write for money, I write because I love to write, but at the same time I would indeed like to eventually make a living from my work.
>>
>>9314469
I can understand prices, but supply and demand shouldn't apply to fucking ebooks because there is an infinite fucking supply of the fucking file. Like it should be WAY cheaper than fucking $17. I understand hardcover and paperback are expensive because limited supply high demand yada yada but holy fucking shit, how the hell are you going to tell me that those concepts can possibly apply to DATA!?

They literally just assigned an inflated arbitrary fucking price to their shit.
>>
>>9314551
I was going by the thought process of "we spent a bunch of time working on this product that only a small amount of people will want, but they will need it, so to make our money back we need to charge them up the ass". Doesn't make it right or fair, but was merely trying to figure out their thought process. Anyways, it does suck, and considering you're getting absolutely nothing physical from the deal then yeah it should be REALLY freakin' cheap. Sorry to hear your books cost so much even in Kindle/eReader format, anon.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.