[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is greentext a form of poetry?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: poetry perhaps.jpg (60KB, 491x798px) Image search: [Google]
poetry perhaps.jpg
60KB, 491x798px
Question: What is greentext?

Can we consider it to be an art form in any respect? I was talking about it with a friend and we concluded that it can be poetry, but since obviously it's not written to be literature or fine art, and it's quite lowbrow and amateur, it really slips under the radar.

Is it poetry? Why or why not? Discuss.

Note that I'm not claiming that ALL uses of greentext are poetic.
>>
>>9314023

Who gives a fuck. Greentext is about the feels, the lulz and the epic stories.

don't try to intellectualise this shit.
>>
>>9314045
Well, it's a method of storytelling. I think it should be categorized somehow.
Besides, it's not like I'm doing this on /b/ or somewhere that greentext stories actually occur, so it's not like I'm polluting the discourse of greentext in any way.
>>
>>9314023
no you don't understand
if you are writing poetry it gives you a free pass to string together literally any words you want
there's no need for coherency or a central theme just so long as it sounds pretty
i like the feeling when i take a shit after three days of not taking a shit
- rupi kaur
>>
>>9314023
Not going to lie, that green text story was short and beautiful.

greentexts are just short storys in a special format imo
>>
>>9314023
That's a very interesting idea. I'd be inclined to say that you could consider greentexting a very avant form of poetry, yes.
>>9314045
>>9314188
I bet you want your art to be apolitical
>>
I don't know if I would say 'poetry' is the best way to describe it OP, but I see what you mean. It's a neat, short, and sweet way of telling a story or joke. The format (>be x, >have x, >meet x) is not strict but evolved over time through how people use and respond to it. It's a tool to deliver information through words that developed into a 'meme' of sorts that now transcends some internet communities, and has probably existed as far back as early chans or IRCs, if not earlier.

I don't know what you'd call this. It's part of the culture.
>>
>>9314450
Culturally speaking, it's as normal for us to >imply or >mfw as it is for a person to introduce a joke or argument in real life. It's a form of expression.
>>
I'm bretty sure it's just what people resort to after having been robbed of their attention spans by internet addiction.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.