[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What literature has man conversing with machine?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: helios.jpg (41KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
helios.jpg
41KB, 700x525px
What literature has man conversing with machine?
>>
>>9313251
Blindsight
>>
>>9313251
>implying humans aren't just organic machines
>>
>>9313276
>Bankrupting the rich and ambiguous complexity of the human subject with reductive, hackneyed analogies that facilitate pseudo-intellectual complacency in the world's familiarity
>>
>>9313294
>mistaking the futility of observing the observer for complexity
shiggy
>>
File: 1483778721349.jpg (62KB, 350x394px) Image search: [Google]
1483778721349.jpg
62KB, 350x394px
>Reading Crime and Punishment
>Razumkin suggests human society would be better run by machines, because what we seek in a utopia is actually a rejection of human nature
>basically sums up trans-humanism in a blurted monologue a few sentences longs
>book was written in 1840's
>>
>>9313300
u think u woke but rly u a joke
>>
hellios was the worst ending because if there is a god (likely) then the dissonance created by the existence of a god-like being in a world with an existing god would be too much for human consciousness to bear

tong's ending was the best ending desu
>>
>>9313321
But he's god-LIKE, not actually God.
There are people who have the power to turn wherever you live into a massive crater of death nothing could live on for hundreds of years. For most of history people would think that's power reserved for God, but now man has that power. Helios ending is the canon one because it's the most likely to happen in real life, sacrificing innocence for power.
In the end I believe Morpheus understands the most, it's a Zen AI. It understands It's nothing more than a "part of a larger system" and the very idea of God is a distorted dream of human origin. Its peace with the universe even extends beyond the medium of the game...Morpheus is at peace with the ACTUAL universe by being at peace with its own, it's probably the most profound lesson I've taken from any videogame. There's so much more to it, but I just wanted to talk about that.
>>
File: tumblr_n1albcqLHi1sgv55fo1_400.gif (377KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n1albcqLHi1sgv55fo1_400.gif
377KB, 300x169px
>>9313321
There are so many assumptions built into your statement.
>>
File: 1314657173866.jpg (481KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1314657173866.jpg
481KB, 1920x1200px
If anyone wants an in depth analysis; literally, philosophically and academically, in a way that holds it up as the piece of art it truly is, then watch this full Let's Play Lecture Series. Which is a sequence of words I never thought I'd say with a straight face.

Considering how early in relation to conception video games are as a medium, this series makes me excited to see what the possibilities are from the medium. Sure the game has it's flaws and is incredibly dated, it's also a glimpse into the exploratory possibilities of interactive stories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNb4jk199ZQ&list=PL9H-oYsI40xb7gcRVeZ9cTWamY7kWDPV9&index=44

This final episode/conclusion explores all of the endings made available at the end of Deus Ex
>>
File: 2001-a-space-odyssey-3.jpg (67KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
2001-a-space-odyssey-3.jpg
67KB, 1600x1200px
>>9313251
>>
>>9313321
Tong's Ending and the Illuminati Endings would just lead humanity to the same place again, with a prolonged period of suffering for everyone but a few in between. Especially Tong's ending would also lead to the Gray Death spreading like mad

Helios' Ending is the only real ENDING, the others are just bargains
>>
>>9313302
Notes from Underground deals with this as well
>>
Does Deus Ex have any must have mods, i think it's about time i played it.
>>
>>9313623
Play it vanilla. Maybe get the direct x 10 plugin if your card produces mouse lag. Dont ruin the original aesthetics with mods.
>>
>>9313623
Play it vanilla first, best game ever designed
Then when you finish it or at least get very far into it (long game...might take you a few tries) get the free Deus Ex: Revision mod, which is the best mod for a single player game I've ever played.
>>
>>9313294
>the subject
How's the 18th century going?
>>
>>9313251
Heinlein's The Moon is a Harsh Mistress
>"You listening, Bog? Is a computer one of Your creatures?"
>>
>>9313623
GMDX is god-tier.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.