[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

KEATS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (72KB, 562x682px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 562x682px
''Beauty is truth, truth beauty," – that is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

What did Keats mean by this?
>>
>>9313190
It means if you can't get a qtgf then you ain't shit.
>>
>>9313197
Fanny plz
>>
Is he talking about some guy talking to a girl called 'truth beauty'?
>>
He was saying truth = beauty.
>>
Hear me out, he's saying that there isn't anything but beauty, and that understanding beauty we understand truth.
>>
>>9313190
>calls himself a romantic
>gets rejected by the only girl he ever loved
>>
>>9313197

He be knowing:

It's all bout DAT "eternal wound" bruh; it needs to be healed with the sword, or it could be a piece of wood, a sceptre, or a the Pillar of Autumn.

You gotta ring the Belle of Belle, to try to hear the deceieving vibrations that make up the universe(s).

Some DUMBASS said something about everything being a vibration.

Shit be NONSENSE yo-yo, that makes a cummings back to me, with some ee's on my middle finger.

------

When the abyss becomes an abyssia, you be trying to figure it out, 'cuzz DAT pussy,

- that emperess, morphed into yo bottom bitch, and

she be helping you slay all the mothafuckin bollocks monsieur.

Build shit, and other shite; thou who be'st a "STRONZO".
>>
not all truth is beautiful

case closed on this pleb
>>
>>9313225
Interesting perspective. In case you are serious, what is this point of view called? Is it "aestheticism" or something like it? Where can I read more?
>>
>>9313458
You sound like some wigger version of Ezra Pound.
>>
>>9313473
And not all beauty is truth, as illustrated by my ex wife.
>>
Sounds almost proto-Nietzschean
>>
>>9313473
I think he means Truth, as an infinite concept not to be taken contextually.
>>
When I have fears that I may cease to be
Before my pen has gleaned my teeming brain,
Before high-pilèd books, in charactery,
Hold like rich garners the full ripened grain;
When I behold, upon the night’s starred face,
Huge cloudy symbols of a high romance,
And think that I may never live to trace
Their shadows with the magic hand of chance;
And when I feel, fair creature of an hour,
That I shall never look upon thee more,
Never have relish in the faery power
Of unreflecting love—then on the shore
Of the wide world I stand alone, and think
Till love and fame to nothingness do sink.
>>
>>9313556
all arguments involving infinity get ugly
>>
>>9313589
if they are ugly, then they are not true :^)
>>
Keats didn't say it, the urn did.
>all these pseuds unironically agreeing with a dumb urn
>>
There will probably never be a conclusive answer but here is my take on it:

This is the Urn speaking, so I think the Urn shows man his true desires: that love would never fade, songs never get stale, happiness never subside. There is beauty in the Urn's depictions because they speak to the truth of our desires, ergo "Beauty is truth." However, this sentiment is complicated when you realize that joy cannot exist in the frozen state of te Urn. The love is "still to be enjoy'd," meaning it isn't being enjoyed now. The lovers cannot kiss, the piper cannot stop playing, everyone would be miserable. Thus the Urn also shows us the reverse of the first statement. It shows us that the truth, which is that we live in a state of flux and entropy, is also beautiful, because is we get to experience things that the Urn figured do not, therefore "truth [is] beauty."
>>
>>9313612
Exactly. For a static object like the urn, the closest it can get it depicting truth is through beauty
>>
>>9313190
He's being ironic.

God you fags are stupid.
>>
File: comingtoterms.gif (2MB, 267x260px) Image search: [Google]
comingtoterms.gif
2MB, 267x260px
>>9313273
I know that feel Keats
>>
>>9313515
I don't know if there are any solid philosophies for aestheticism. I got there on my own, reading poetry and theology. It's a subjective outlook-that is, my aestheticism-and am not able to point you any further.
>>
>>9313878

Her asshole is beauty; there, you will find the truth;

lies you will not find lying on top of the Highest Hill.

For she is static, and as you thrust onward, and onward becoming other people;

you, the state of flux are fucking an unmoved mover.

---------
Wasn't Keats shenanigans just some some bullshit comment on Percy Shelly's Oz shite.

You know, like, um . . . you could attempt to be the greatest of all-time,

and have your name echoed for thousands of years, but all that would remain, are the ruins of your kingdom.
>>
>>9313190
I'm a white man and I invented homosexuality.
>>
>>9315908
The White Man did, in fact, invent homosexuality. Although they were really just running with the ideas of a few dusty-dicked goatherds.
>>
>>9313515
platonism
>>
>>9313561
>Their shadows with the magic hand of chance ...

The poster of this submits by far the best answer-- because there can be no answer. That great art both amazes and stultifies are two sides of the very same coin. Evanescence-- the essence of not just Beauty, but of wishing, hoping, dreaming, scheming Life. This is the truth, but it hardly matters. Pun intended.
>>
>>9316202

"Keep your mouth shut; you're squawking like a pink monkey bird";

And just fuck the URN already; it's gonna disappear anyway, better transform that object into a subject,

that's YOUNGER than time itself.
>>
>>9316490
Ah, the meme Bowie--

>it's gonna disappear anyway

um...
>>
If beauty is truth, and truth beauty. Then therefore as being the most truthful thing, is math the most beautiful thing?

Brainlets blown the fuck out
>>
To me, it means: people justify that which they find pretty, and demean that which they find disgusting. If one finds something "ugly," one won't seek truth in it. The most truthful sort of existence involves finding the beauty in everything. I agree with this >>9313225 inasmuch as some people understand the totality of beauty. James Joyce sucking down Nora's yummy farts, etc.
>>
File: Joe Camping Out His D..jpg (56KB, 564x716px) Image search: [Google]
Joe Camping Out His D..jpg
56KB, 564x716px
>>9316601

Eloquent speech you have, of the highest standing;

I am even below Tartarus, encased in ice, that never melts,

as your muses are with the two Blind Poets, and the sadistic Italian raving of Paradiso, and the other two bullshit places found within you.

and you didn't even bring a single quark to the party, that encompasses every universe(s).

------------------------

Too Wise; Didn't Read. TW; DR:

When an anon is right, they're right:

Bowie iz ze LAME; he never brought any abyssia to the mix.
>>
>>9316967

Possibly, as an "idea",

But a person solely pursuing it. . .

So did Tesla, and Newton, and a few other supposed virgins that we copy-pasta, and build upon lead the most beautiful life . . .

Kinda depressing.

And Newton was a supposed BLAST to be around . . .

---------

Nah, the Beautiful ones are stardust dancing in the wind, whilst all the other star people want to blow them for some REASONABLE reason;

contemplating, and embracing their NARCISSISM to uncover what THE VIBRATION(S) mean.

-----------

Never-mind the bollocks, here's more BULLSHIT:

I Thought the Lover was courage, and the Loved was wisdom, and together they vanquish all deceit, the ones who hold Power.

Whatever the fuck that means . . .

might be from the "CHEERFUL Science", or a shit book that's super popular, or a video game,

who knows . . .

-----------------

Beauty, and truth are LIES;

it's all manipulation.
>>
>>9313203
kek
>>
>>9313190
The urn says that beauty is truth, but it's a piece of shit fucking urn that's about to get dropped
>>
The "urn" is "that which remains constant, never changing, so how could it disappear"*, and we're gonna fuck it into submission, so it will disappear;

The universe will end because a Dumbass is gonna die,

so he takes the ENTIRE universe(s) with him,

- I won't tell you how, it's more powerful then all the nuclear warheads going off.

*I don't know what this means cunt, bring the fish market o'er here so I know,

you know the one, the town that knows what time it is, just by knowing where you are, 'cuzz you're so fucking predictable.

I never read your autistic books, and never will because I am too retarded.

-------------

Too much to soon, my Lords, and Masters; I'm an idiot, and forgot everything already about everything.
>>
>>9317901

The "Psychologist" and "Psychiatrist"; and the anonymous friend:

fucking idiot there's like 666 mistakes in that shit post.

Study physics, it's clear "CTL" (a false, that wasn't studied) is a lie;

'cuzz you don't know shit about liberal arts, or the sciences,

you mentally ill patient in this world where most people are perfectly sane, in being deceived;

Get back to the asylum.

"mourning ASSHOLE":

I DO NOT understand my posts either, if I'm more clear in the talk of trying to fathom "Amour", - those that have no conscience will come, and really deliver the goods.

---------

The Cynic: It's all gonna end anyways, with or without humans, without a sentient; that's the only constant; indifference . . .;

Is it beautiful?
>>
File: 1465576054628.jpg (584KB, 1061x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1465576054628.jpg
584KB, 1061x1500px
>>9313190
Basically that a thing is beautiful in as much as it's true, and vice versa; the two share in each other and the one derives its qualities from the other. A beautiful piece of art has beauty according as it possesses certain compositional and proportional qualities which portend to the intellect of the one who sees beauty in it, according as his intellect is constructed so as to have an affinity with the structural properties of this art.
Just a watered down version of the theory of the transcendentals really.
Don't let enlightenment buffoons feed you half-truths, everything true from them is a regurgitation of earlier patristic thought with few exceptions. Those exceptions being the few very first enlightenment thinkers who actually had some intellectual muster but whose ideas were trampled nonetheless by their own mob of revolutionaries.
>>
>>9316967

Mathematics is a Symbol-based construct with less relevance to the Noumenal realm than to the Phenomenal one.
>>
>>9314626
i came to that conclusion to, its a fucking lifeless urn saying it.

maybe both our minds are ruined by POMO though.
>>
>>9313190
He was 100% right

Also, that one sentence btfo this fucking retarded board
>>
>>9314906
What vid was this?
>>
>>9313190
Daniel kahneman showed that elegance, the speed with which something can be called to mind, familiarity, and truth are all really one concept. I thought of this quote when I read the reasearch although I have not read the quote in it's context. I wonder if Keats had an incling of this so many years in advance. It is possible, we do tend to find solutions to big problems to be elegant.
>>
>>9317263
Urns don't speak unless some poet is moved to interpret what he FEELS it suggests.. is that unclear? What's better? The bliss of anticipation or the reality of consumation? How many person's on this site are sustained by the possibilities of what COULD happen? Isn't beauty more relevant to idle dreaming than to consumated, 'achieved,' reality? Go ahead, achieve something, or go out and buy yourself some brand new toy: you'll immediately begin to dream, perhaps even to desire, something else.. That's the truth, and it's under a time-constraint. And energic intervals like 'quarks,' and, in general, applied maths, do not at all apply because the poet's not mistaking either Cosmology, or Technology, for the ultimate reality of the 'fleeting' human situation.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.