[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where should I start with him?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170329_165324.jpg (128KB, 1080x935px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170329_165324.jpg
128KB, 1080x935px
Where should I start with him?
>>
>>9311643
Definitely Black Swan. He has an interesting world view but I'm not sold. The bell curve and statistics in its current state is pretty much the best we can do and it's getting more accurate everyday. He says that we should disregard all this because at any moment, some large unknown could come in and wipe out our whole model. Ok that's fair but for the thirty years up until that thing happens, our model works fine and drives the world we live in. Interesting stuff but his argument isn't foolproof.
>>
>>9311643
>>9311717
Like this guy said Black Swan, but he gets crazy fast. He had an interesting idea and just went too far with it.
>>
go back there
>>
>>9311717
That is not at all what he says.
>>
>>9311717
you have no idea of what you're talking about sorry.
as usual with /lit/, anons act knowledgeable about shit that they have no clue.

also:
>He says that we should disregard all this because at any moment, some large unknown could come in and wipe out our whole model

apart from the absurd and severely incorrect way you describe a Black Swan, you literally had a gigantic crisis 9 years ago that almost collapsed the entire edifice of global finance. that one (at least) must count for something.
>>
>>9311767
This guy lifts, started with the greeks and calls other people cucks on twitter, he's pretty much, dare I say, /ourguy/.
>>
I just started reading Antifragile today. Taleb is way funnier than I thought. I don't know if I agree with everything he's saying but given Black Swan's release so close to the financial collapse I think you have to at least listen to him
>>
>>9311843
Typical /lit/ reply... Says an argument is shit but doesn't say why.
>>
So is Antifragile or Black Swan a better place to start?
>>
>>9312023
I'd read the three in order -- Fooled by Randomness, Black Swan, Antifragile.

If you don't want to do that, just read Antifragile. The sequence is really just a guy thinking about the same thing as he goes through life so each contains the others, in a way.
>>
>>9311643
deadlifting, obviously
>>
I feel like a pleb for not knowing about this guy sooner.
>>
Black Swan is simple and well argued, and has some pretty decent narrative bits.
>>
You must read in random order or not read it at all
>>
he is super annoying on twitter. rambles about nothing. exactly like his books.
>>
>>9315617
I bet you don't even deadlift
>>
My mom got me this book for xmas, I read half of it then stopped, did I miss anything? It was good it was just really long.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.