[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Appearences

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0030.jpg (35KB, 304x409px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0030.jpg
35KB, 304x409px
Does a writers appearence matter, or do they write because of how they look? What if the next big writer was as big as Schwarzeneggar, would anyone take him seriously as the representation of an image has been flipped?
>>
I'm torned. I feel like this question is both interesting and uninteresting, and I don't know what to say about it.
>>
Genetic modification will make this possibility a reality, and then you'll see. It matters slightly, only for the uneducated. But...

'For at bottom the masses are willing to submit to slavery of any kind, if only the higher-ups constantly legitimize themselves as higher, as born to command—by having noble manners.'

If such a person has noble manners they will submit to him anyhow.
>>
>>9310386
Yes, if the author has breasts and a vagina then it's usually not worth reading.
>>
>>9312232
sexist fuck
>>
>>9312248
I said usually, not in every case. My wife is probably smarter than all of you but she is a one in a million. Most women are retarded, myopic and have nothing interesting to contribute to literature.
>>
File: jjs.jpg (246KB, 835x1162px) Image search: [Google]
jjs.jpg
246KB, 835x1162px
For me it only matters if the writer is looks excessively handsome (or at least had flattering depictions) I'd a closer notice of their works, mainly under the curiosity of their correlation of looks with quality of their writing. If they're average or even hideous it wouldn't matter for me

Like this devil for instance, I unironically think that I wouldn't have read his works this early in my life if I hadn't thought him handsome
>>
i think as we've seen with the case of david foster wallace, if you dont look like an author, that makes you more intriguing. so i think with your schwarzenegger example, if there were a guy who looked like him writing literary stuff, publishers would be all over it. first of all, because hes prob handsome if hes that swole, which does matter. not saying you have to be a model to be an author, but big publishers dont market books, they market authors too. a beautiful person is easier to market. if you're going bald, for example, they're gonna ask you to shave your head for the author photo, and work out, because you're gonna be doing readings, you have to look sharp. you want an example, look at 'garth risk hallberg,' guy who wrote city on fire two years ago, published by knopf. google image: garth risk hallberg. first time novelist, nobody had ever heard of the guy, there are pictures of him all over google. how'd that happen? well he went on photo shoots. him in front of a book store, him in front of a bridge, him in the park, him drinking coffee. this is part of the book's marketing. then the book blows up and everyone's talking about it, and the new york times wants to interview you, and they want to take photos of you too. so you're getting your photo taken before the book comes out, and after, and so on. big publishers are thinking about all this. two guys walk in with manuscripts - one's good-looking, open, charismatic, sociable, not shy, not afraid of getting up in front of an audience and reading, and the other's a meek kid in a hoodie, clearly smart, but... who do you think they're gonna go with? point is yeah appearance matters and has since jfk.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.