[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Frankfurt School recommendations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: dialect of depressive author.jpg (310KB, 776x1200px) Image search: [Google]
dialect of depressive author.jpg
310KB, 776x1200px
What are some good/essential Frankfurt School of thought books? Where did Frankfurt School developer after Adorno, Horkheimer and Marcuse?

I've loved what I've read from all three of the above authors
>>
>>9310115
If you've read stuff by Adorno, Horkheimer & Marcuse, you're probably more qualified to be dishing out Frankfurt School recs than 99% of this board. Obviously DoE is probably the most essential, which I'm assuming you've read. Check out Illuminations by Benjamin.
>>
>>9310527
>Illuminations by Benjamin.
Thank you. And yes, I've read the big three if I may call them that, but don't really know where to go next or where did it lead to (in terms of thinking/movement/authors)

Checking Wikipedia quickly I have missed out on Habermas and Walter Benjamin, so I'll head to those.
>>
>>9310557
Forgot to add- I know you mentioned Adorno, but definitely check out Minima Moralia by him of you haven't.
>>
Read Eros and Civilization chill af
>>
>>9310557
>>9310115
Benjamin for sure. Habermas is boring imo. After that I'd say Jameson, Foucault, Baudrillard, Butler (if you're into gender shit), and Zizek are must-reads more or less in that order.
>>
>>9310115
If you just want to read more of the same ideas, then read Zizek. Foucault is different, but with many similar ideas. However, I am of the opinion that the work of Habermas greatly improved the quality and rigour of the school's core ideas by bringing them down a very different path.
>>
I fucking haaaate white males man
>>
>>9310115
Talmud
>>
File: esp.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
esp.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
Postmodernists should be put to death.
>>
>>9312656
because you don't understand them?
>>
>>9312902
They're not hard to understand.
>>
>>9312930
There's more to postmodernism than >muh deconstruction, fagboy
>>
>>9312656

Agreed

Flogging round the fleet would be ideal
>>
>>9313110
There's certainly more to waste your time with.
>>
>>9312656
Frankfurt School wasn't postmodern.
>>
>>9313554
This, actually, but what can you expect from someone who hates her contemporaneity.
It is funny that Bloom calls them (the postmodernists and so on) the "School of Resentment", when the ones who are angry, disgusted and non-stop crying about where is going history, theory and art are they. But well, is funny to see people don't understanding history, and amazing being in the winner boat.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.