[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck am I reading?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: fanged-product.jpg (185KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
fanged-product.jpg
185KB, 900x675px
What the fuck am I reading?
>>
>>9308562
Fanged Noumena?
>>
Conngratulations Landposter, you got one
>>
a book
>>
>>9308562
My dairy desu
>>
File: IMG_0692.jpg (158KB, 565x1004px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0692.jpg
158KB, 565x1004px
Never heard of this before but it sounds excellent.
>>
>>9308843
Did Land really disown all his work? Why?
>>
>>9308843
heh
>>
A Marxist who turned to neoreaction to cope with the fact he did too much LSD in Shanghai. It's just ridiculous enough to be true
>>
>>9309127
>LSD
I thought it was amphetamine psychosis since it appears that he used it regularly for the length of his tenure at Warwick.
>>
>>9309127
that description makes me want to read it to be honest
>>
>>9309127
>>9309194

Nick did speed.

>Accelerationism, LMAO
>>
>>9308562
I don't think even he knows.
>>
>>9308562
look everyone tricky nicky got another one!!

he fucking fell for it haha!!!
>>
I am a schizo, so I've had psychosis (for those who don't know schizophrenia has nothing to do with a split personality). While psychosis being frightening and embarassing it is also a somewhat interesting and creative phenomenon.

I've had visions, racing thoughts and the urge to write when psychotic. Most of the ideas I had were ridiculous, but some others turned out to be partly true. Some by accident others less so.

I've also transitioned political thought, at first being interested in communism and anarchism but becoming alieniated from it, and toying with ideas about aristocracy. Though that had little to do with the psychosis.

On the other hand I did write some embarrasing emails when psychotic to people involving a mixture of radical left and radical right ideas.
>>
>>9308843
>>9309127
I really want to read it now
>>
>>9309315
What is it with mentally ill people always trying to leak their diagnosis and "dude I'm crazy lmao" experiences into every conversation?
>>
>>9309332
That never happens
>>
>>9309342
literally just happened
>>
>>9309375
Yes just one time, you said "always" and "every". I only wrote about it since Land had or might have had psychosis.
I am not going to bother people with it otherwise.

I am sorry if that bothers you so much.
>>
File: Picture 97.png (361KB, 653x593px) Image search: [Google]
Picture 97.png
361KB, 653x593px
>>9308843
WTF I love Land now!?
>>
>>9309386
I'm not saying YOU always do it, I'm just saying I see it often
>>
>>9309332
Mentally ill people don't usually have many friends to share their experience with. Cut him some slack, what he posted was still interesting.
>>
>>9309229
that's a post
>>
>>9309315

I think I have some form of psychosis, but am still able to function at a fairly high level

Can you please explain to me what psychosis is from your perspective?
>>
>>9309375
They were talking about psychosis. It's not like he brought up MLP or some other completely irrelevant shit.
>>
>>9309315
read DELEUZe
>>
>Theory as cyberpunk fiction: Land‘s machinic theory-poetry parallelled the digital intensities of 90s jungle, techno and doomcore, anticipating ‘impending human extinction becoming accessible as a dancefloor’.
>>
qqqqqqq
>>
>>9310315
>Can you please explain to me what psychosis is from your perspective?
That is why I mentioned it. I already described a bit. I had racing thoughts, visions, delusions, a few hallucinations, thinking there were messages in radio and television, I laughed very hard at a serious show, delusions of grandeur, and in the later stages had paranoia and anxiety.

At one point I felt like I could smell and feel better. It was a lot of emotions in a short time.

One of the delusions I had was that I thought robots already took control of us. And I thought my dad was from a lineage of dictators stretching all the way back to spartans and futher back neanderthals.

Of course I have no idea what Land experienced and no psychosis is the same. I personally didn't hear voices for example. And I had very few hallucinations, most of them were just colours.
>>
>>9308562
Cyclonopedia was better
>>
>>9308562
Anna?
>>
>>9310618
Have you read Phyl-Undhu and Chasm? Bretty good.
>>
>>9308562
Is this book worth buying? Is it interesting?
Someone sell this to me.
>>
>>9310556
This sounds fun. Have you enjoyed this experience?
>>
>>9310618
Can I just jump into this or do I need a background in some prior works?
>>
>>
>>9311111
>>
>>9311175
You should be fine; it's basically a debut novel (if "novel" is the right word)
>>
>>9308843
This is the funniest thing I've read in a long time.
>>
>>9308965
No
>>
>>9310722
Phyl-Undhu is a purple prose, opaque ligotti imitation with piss poor plot structure that presupposes you're familiar with favorite Landian punching bags
>>
>>9310745
it's getting reprinted for the first time in like 6 years and old copies were going for ~$150 two weeks ago so it's certainly worth looking into

if ever there were a book to spawn "what the fuck did you just meme me into reading" threads it's this
>>
>>9308843
This is really excellent.
>>
>>9313115
Then what about Chasm
>>
File: Digital Markup.png (191KB, 387x524px) Image search: [Google]
Digital Markup.png
191KB, 387x524px
reminder that Dreamscape is a psyop on Land's part that tricked /lit/ into writing a book that expanded the influence of Dark Enlightenment
>>
>>9308843
i'm sold
>>
>>9310502
feels good
>>
>>9309332
you clearly haven't read nick land
>>
>>9309332
People define themselves by their experiences.
>>
>>9309332
In my experience, as someone who works around mentally ill people, they tend to be embaressed or try to hide it unless they're so far gone that they live in their own reality. Fake "mentally ill" people who self diagnose "anxiety" because they don't like speaking in front of people will try to talk your ear off abput it though, as more people fake mental illnesses/disorders than you'd think. Not even to scam the government, just to seem interesting.
>>
oh god... brace yourselves... the newest meme book is coming
>>
>>9316419
the fact that people are too retarded to even figure out whether or not it's in print should be enough to cement its status. I swear every Nick Land thread features someone asking "where do I get Fanged Noumena???" despite the publisher still selling leftover copies from like two years ago.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.