[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

press F to pay respects to the greatest author of the 21st century

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: the shit.jpg (76KB, 1180x842px) Image search: [Google]
the shit.jpg
76KB, 1180x842px
press F to pay respects to the greatest author of the 21st century
>>
That's a pretty loose definition of "author."
>>
>>9308212
he authored more than you ever will

name one writer more influential from the last 17 years.
>>
>>9308225
I'm not saying that he didn't write or that he wasn't influential or that I've written more than him. Calling Supreme Court Justices authors doesn't actually credit the scope of what they do and undermines your own half-assed claim.
>>
File: sui generis.jpg (14KB, 218x218px) Image search: [Google]
sui generis.jpg
14KB, 218x218px
>>9308262
(Scalia, J., dissenting)
>>
For the briefest of moments I thought that was Umberto Eco and had every intention to have a nice conversation on Eco and his work.

Instead it's a shitty bait thread. Fuck this board.
>>
>>9309540
I've read The Name of the Rose, Baudolino and The Island of the Day Before. Which Eco should I read next?
>>
GNU Terry Pratchett
>>
>>9309569
Foucault's Pendulum

>>9308209
So, F to pay respect to "the shit"?

>>9308272
Who's that?
>>
Oh shit danny devito died?
>>
>>9309569
Foucault's Pendulum is GOAT (allegedly, he went all out to try to overcome Rose's success but normies aren't willing to read another 600+ pages book full of esotheric - in both senses - references)
>>
Foucault's Pendulum. Check out some of his lectures as well. Specifically the Yale discussion of fictional characters, and his address on New Realism.
>>
>>9309540
How is this bait?

>>9309600
guessing you're a non-native speaker. calling something "the shit" means it's good. it's an idiom.
>>
>>9309890
I'm a non-native speaker, but I knew that. I was just memeing
>>
I actually just started reading a book about him called A Court of One. It's pretty good.
>>
>>9309890

No self-respecting literate person would argue that a stodgy conservative Supreme Court justice is "the greatest author of the 21st century"

Usually anyone who speaks in hyperbole on any of the artsy fartsy boards is baiting.
>>
>>9311992
if philosophy is just a language game a la wittgenstein, scalia was the most skilled player in recent memory
>>
>>9308209
I wouldn't consider him an author in the strict sense, but he certainly was one of the greater minds in recent memory. Agree with him or not, he is absolutely the most influential member of the SCOTUS in the last 40 years. Its not often that someone not serving as the supreme justice completely changes the way the court deals with cases, but Scalia did that and then some. You will be missed Nino.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.