[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone else suffering constantly due to an absence of any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: annoyed_alien.jpg (11KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
annoyed_alien.jpg
11KB, 251x242px
Is anyone else suffering constantly due to an absence of any simple and flawless philosophy of how to act during every moment, while considering all time frames? I can cope with not knowing about God or life after death. But feeling guilty about all my actions and hyper analysing everything is plaguing me. I analyse both my actions and the psychology of my actions, so I am double cucked.

Shall I read one book at a time or multiple books and why? If it's one, then I may get bored and remember it less. The time between starting and finishing it will be less compared to the other case so I may remember it less in the long term. Or maybe focusing on one book will help me remember it more. But maybe I'll have to force myself to read through boredom at times...

Shall I go to the gym tomorrow and then do those chores I've been putting off? Or go to the gym later and make sure I do the chores first so I don't avoid them all day? But this is like admitting I have no willpower. But maybe I do have willpower at the time and choose not to do the chores...

I could go on you get the picture. Infinite variables and I want to optimise for everything. And there are infinite bullshit artists telling you to optimise for variable X even while they break their own stupid rules all the time.

And of course I know there is no answer. But I can't act like there's no answer, I may as well roll dice to make every decision. But maybe if...
>>
File: 1407407782876[1].jpg (157KB, 992x880px) Image search: [Google]
1407407782876[1].jpg
157KB, 992x880px
>>9307277
>2017
>falling for the prescriptive philosophy meme
>>
>>9307277
My mind works in similar ways to yours OP. We're all going to make it.
>>
>>9307277
How about you get a narrative to give your life context. Then set out a goal.

But that was said in broad terms. You need friends and somebody who can pull your strings. At least for a while.
>>
>>9307277
What a surprise, the frogposter is a complete moron.
>>
SORT
>>
I'd say you have to realize that it doesn't matter. None of it does. If indeed you think you'd put off a task, then write it down or keep it in the back of your head. When you feel you're about to put it off, force yourself to do it. You can even kick yourself mentally, i.e. "Get off your ass and fold the laundry, you lazy cuck" or other such self degradation.

I know I'm making this seem overly simple, but that's because it is. There is no magic trick. There is no fairy dust. Just action, or inaction.

As for the indecision, in the case of one book at a time or multiple books/ switching out, one book at a time always worked for me. If I get bored, I stop reading. A day. A week. A month, if need be. If I can, or if I really care enough, I try to convince myself that I NEED to do it, and I kick myself mentally until I do.

Hope this helps, and isn't complete bullshit that only makes the problem worse somehow through a cruel twist of fate.
>>
>>9307277
Nice blog post
>>
>>9308022

Self-degradation only feeds self doubt. Only do things if you are internally motivated. Of course I suggest constructed and arbitrary motivation toward tasks as a way to build momentum to resolve your issues, but don't put yourself down to accomplish things.

Maybe you will never have a single true self-motivated action. At least keep looking for a genuine authentic mode of being.
>>
>>9307277
>Is anyone else suffering constantly

yeah, everyone does. in buddhism its called "dukkha," which translates as suffering or unsatisfactoriness. the nature of reality is that it sucks, all pleasures are impermanent and subject to diminishing returns

this isnt a question of what hoops you can jump through or what books you read or what philosophical system you adopt, so insofar as you think your suffering is about the "absence of any simple and flawless philosophy of how to act" you're misled. the suffering is a layer of your being, its like a boil that you can't seem to lance or an itch you can't scratch. you can read 20,000 books and you will never find it

the only way to fix it is thousands of hours of meditation practice. perhaps that sounds like a ridiculous suggestion to you now, but i have a hunch that you will continue to suffer because nothing will work, because NOTHING else works, and eventually you will give it a shot. or failing that you could just suffer fecklessly all your life, like most people do
>>
>>9307277
You have no centre to hold, to ground you. The creation of a personal philosophy is a basic challenge of the human condition. I suggest you rise to meet it, for wallowing in your suffering is repulsive.
>>
>>9308068
hey shut the fuck up
>>
>>9308493
What do you mean by creating my own personal philosophy to live by?

Can I just cherrypick certain traits and qualities from other, exsistent philosophical schools and combine them all into my very own philosophy?

Would that not just make me a fool?
>>
>>9307277
You need to learn Indifference.
>>
File: LreCOuB.jpg (206KB, 621x729px) Image search: [Google]
LreCOuB.jpg
206KB, 621x729px
>>9308587
This >>9307842 and >>9308829 .
>>
OP here. I believe in Stirner but i feel like everyone else's ideas and philosophies are usually a personal attack on me.
>>
>>9307277

Guess what anon, philosophy isn't going to change your behavior. Some of the things you do are intuitive or even genetic. Philosophy can make certain traits or behaviors a goal but only discipline and doing will actually accomplish making that a habit
>>
>>9307277
It sounds like you actually want a babysitter, not a philosophy.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.