[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My learned brethren, I have just finished this volume. Please,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Swinge Time.jpg (31KB, 331x499px) Image search: [Google]
Swinge Time.jpg
31KB, 331x499px
My learned brethren, I have just finished this volume. Please, let us discussifize its contents in a hearty and agreeable manner.
>>
>>9307139
*non ad hominem response
>>
bold and brash
belongs in the trash
>>
>Hey guys let's discuss this meme that two people here tops have read.
>>
File: zadie-smith.jpg (212KB, 1050x1297px) Image search: [Google]
zadie-smith.jpg
212KB, 1050x1297px
OP here: I hope we can also all agree heartily on the fact that Zadie Smith is a fine, foxy lady, on top of being a first rate practicioner of writification.
>>
>>9307147
Tell me why.
>>
>>9307153
S-sorry Anon-san, I forgot that popular books aren't worth talking about.
>>
>>9307161
Damn she is foxy.
>>
>>9307161
shes ageing
>>
NW was very good for the most part.
>>
>Women authors.

Dropped.
>>
>>9307161
I hope she does hardcore before she finds herself too old and used up for it to matter.
>>
>>9308680
Sexist.
>>
Not her best, just more rehashing of women friendships like in NW, but not as good. The plot was lame and middle class, like she's been on top for so long maybe she can't write people from the council anymore?
>>
>>9308882
I was mostly dissatisfied with the ending.
>>
>>9308457
No fucking shit you autist
>>
>>9307139

I had to drop white teeth once I got to the point where the indian guy delivers the completely phony-sounding speech where he outlines the novel's central theme. It's just such clumsy writing. I also hate stories where the point is to teach you something, like the author maybe got confused and thought she was writing an essay.

It started out good, though. Interesting characters, at least.
>>
>>9308643
This, though I liked Felix's part the most. I was surprised when it seemed NW wasn't that well-received.

Still haven't made it past the first fifty or so pages of White Teeth, it seemed kind of corny; haven't read the rest of her fiction.

Changing My Mind is a great essay collection though.
>>
>>9307139
The dance thing really falls by the wayside. Still, it got me out of nonfiction rut (it was starting to feel that way).
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.