[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is David Duchovny /lit/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: californication.jpg (52KB, 665x375px) Image search: [Google]
californication.jpg
52KB, 665x375px
Is David Duchovny /lit/?
>>
>https://www.amazon.com/Bucky-F-cking-Dent-Novel-ebook/dp/B015CKNXZG/ref=dp_kinw_strp_1

Yes.
>>
who cares
>>
>>9306291
>One morning last month, I called Professor Harold Bloom at his home in New Haven to ask him, among other things, whether he recognized the name David Duchovny.
>Bloom needed no further prompting to say that he did. ``He was one of my graduate students,'' Bloom said. ``I remember him as a pleasant young man.''
>Bloom couldn't volunteer much more than that. He was aware Duchovny is now the star of television's ``The X-Files,'' but said he'd never bothered to watch the show.
>I told Bloom that Duchovny, in one of those long ``Playboy'' magazine interviews to which the sexually charismatic are entitled, had talked about being in Bloom's graduate seminar on the Romantic poets when he was at Yale University in the mid-1980s.
>In the interview, Duchovny recalled that an annoyingly brilliant undergraduate named Naomi Wolf (who herself went on to achieve modest celebrity as a feminist writer, and more recently as advisor to Democratic presidential candidate Al Gore) had been the only student daring enough to speak up in class.
>Duchovny continued: ``Bloom was always bemoaning something in his lilting, sad voice, asking about what something would be like, and we'd all be silent, afraid to be exposed. But Naomi Wolf would raise her hand and respond, `It would be a world without adjectives.' And he'd say, `Exactly, my dear.' And I was like, I'm in the wrong place. Not only did I not know the answer. I did not even understand the question. A world without adjectives? I just didn't get it.''
>It was about that time that Duchovny, who was deep into the notoriously bleak playwright Samuel Beckett, abandoned his pursuit of a doctorate in favor of acting.
>>
>even this faggot went to an ivy
I'm just going to end it, mates. See ya.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (29KB, 352x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
29KB, 352x200px
>>
>>9306291
no
>>
>>9307456
Well, fuck, no wonder he's able to play a writer so well in Californication. He spent all those years observing writers.
>>
>>9306291
californication is what actually rejuvenated my enthusiasm for writing and reading.
>>
>>9307456
>bloom gave us the x-files

is there ANYTHING this man can't do?
>>
>>9307315
Seems interesting.

>>9307456
>>9308380
Holy shit!
>>
>>9306291
Yes, for the first 2 seasons he definitely was playing himself which means he is /lit/ or he's an extraordinary actor. But then he started writing the episodes himself and that's when he exposed his lack of depth.

All in all he's semi-lit just like all of us.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.