[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Stoicism the best philosophy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 131.jpg (260KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
131.jpg
260KB, 1680x1050px
Is Stoicism the best philosophy?
>>
it's pretty good
>>
>>9305518
no
>>
Yes, being a cuck is fashionable these days
>>
>>9305531
One becomes a cuck by accepting everything, while stoicism is about accepting those things you cannot change, isnt it?
>>
>>9305526

Care to elaborate?

>>9305531

How is Stoicism related to being a cuck?
>>
>>9305518

If you don't know what a good man should be then how the heck could you know how to be one?
What do you have to say about that Marcus Aurelius you dick oh nothing because you're dead as fuck
>>
>>9305560
Aurelius was literally a cuck tho
>>
>>9305518

The only best philosophy is being yourself, know thyself.
>>
How do you define best ?
>>
>>9305613
so neetzschu?
>>
>>9305518
It's very comforting to permavirgins.
>>
>>9305518

Yes
>>
It's quite good really, the primary tenants are that you are not in control of anything that happens externally to yourself but you do have full control of your self and in particular your thoughts. This is quite an empowering concept and appears quite simple. Another major point is the idea that the future is unforeseen and the likelihood is that something 'bad' will happen. However, I'll use Shakespeare to help me here, 'Nothing is either good not bad, but thinking makes it so'.
This is to say that nothing is bad, or well it might be but it can only disturb you if you allow it. It is your reaction (which you are under control) to the negative or unexpected events in life (which are out of your control) which is defining and to be prepared for the worst (and the best outcome) is a good idea.
>>
Well shit
>>
>>9305518

>Eat opium literally every day and you will stop giving a fuck about your problems

Gee Marcus, you're so deep.
>>
>>9305518
It's very comforting if you are type of indifferent guy, but if you want to be actual human I would prefer neo-platonism as better philosophy as the way of life.
>>
Stoicism is facebook quote philosophy
>>
>>9306156
Also this if you can't tell more stoics than Autismus, Seneca, Chrysippus it just shows how much of pseud are you.
>>
>>9306153
What is the neo-platonistic way of life? I've read most of plato's works and I get what plato himsel says your goals for life should be, and what a good man is etc, but how is neoplatonism different?
>>
It has it's good and bad aspects
>>
>>9306191
Absolute. Embracing monism.
>>
File: bee urself.png (39KB, 914x1091px) Image search: [Google]
bee urself.png
39KB, 914x1091px
It's easy to accept stuff when you're a roman emperor born into privilege
>>
>>9305518
it's literally a fancy version of nihilism
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.