[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

m-muh pursuit of knowledge...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 4256.jpg (76KB, 725x435px) Image search: [Google]
4256.jpg
76KB, 725x435px
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/nov/16/nottingham-academic-on-casual-contract-i-had-more-rights-as-a-binman

> Tell Greg this and he nods: “I had ore rights as a litter-picker than I had as a lecturer on fixed contracts. Because at least I got holidays as a litter-picker.”

>There’s a lot of snobbery in academia,” he says, imagining a faculty drinks and some brogue-wearing professor discovering his background. “That one cutting remark.”

>A few months earlier, he had been writing scholarly papers. Now he was picking up used sanitary pads. Shoppers would see him sweeping away fag-ends and lob theirs right by him to collect. Strangers would call him “scum”.

This article is full of gold. Imagine being one of these academics surrounded by prime Chads and Staceys (Jacks and Olivias) who are on the private school to university fuckfest to investment banking path.
>>
Too right, too right. I was a binman, I was, and they let me drive the bin lorry on week-outs. Even when I was just stickiwicking old fag-ends and sanitary pads on the side of the flat-top as a litter-picker, I had more dignity, even if it meant taking the tram into the nottinghamshire. Once I even saw the Queen, I did!
>>
Academics are scum of the earth, right there with the journalists and the like.
>>
>>9304438
It's funny how many people on /lit/ seem to have no idea that this is how academia works (in the UK and US, at least). All those posts saying 'any jobs with this degree other than academia?', as if getting a proper academic career were the easy option and not hilariously difficult and competitive.
>>
>>9304536
>>9304536
Well, don't you think that's the reason people say other than academia, because they know how competitive it is in the first place?
>>
>private school to university fuckfest to investment banking path.
The first 2 steps sounds good but investment banking? Who cares about being rich if you have to work and crunch numbers? It's better to opt-out and go for the otium and leisure of the philosophy factories.
>>
>>9304452
Underrated
>>
>>9304536
Worship of academia on /lit/ almost exclusively comes from leddit who have watched a couple of a Chomsky interviews on youtube.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.