[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any novel about the theme of existence being a failed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: VT68ixe[1].jpg (53KB, 393x720px) Image search: [Google]
VT68ixe[1].jpg
53KB, 393x720px
>>
The bible
>>
>is there a novel about a deep profound think my 16 year old brain just thought
I'm sure there is, literature is ripe with edgy garbage
>>
File: IMG_0351.jpg (322KB, 615x405px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0351.jpg
322KB, 615x405px
>>9302679

Though it's not a novel, and it doesn't describe existence as an "experiment," The World as Will and Representation presents the universe as the visible manifestation of an eternal imbalance - like an original error of a simple non-conscious being.
>>
File: w3CEIee[1].jpg (81KB, 700x751px) Image search: [Google]
w3CEIee[1].jpg
81KB, 700x751px
>>9302681
Interesting, does it explicitly state that God created life as some sort of experiment

>>9302685
>I'm sure there is, literature is ripe with edgy garbage

Don't be bitter you didn't think of it, boy.

>>9302743
"like an original error of a simple non-conscious being."

Reword this; I don't understand.
>>
>>9302803

> like an original error of a simple non-conscious being.

The deepest possible interpretation of the universe yields the following conclusion:

Fundamentally, existence is spaceless and timeless (that is, metaphysically simple and eternal), not rational and not even conscious. This irreducible being can't be known directly, but it appears as the physical universe, stretched out across space and time, beginningless and endless. The constant activity of the universe - the restless energy of material particles, the constant churning of gravitational and geological forces, the blind smothering and strangling of plant life, the pitiless predation and impulsive lust of animal life, and the recurring inadequacy you feel within yourself as either desire or boredom - indirectly indicates that the intrinsic nature of this fundamental being is best understood as strife, urgency, imbalance, willing without satisfaction.

If we think of this ultimate being using the analogy of a conscious decision-maker (that is, pretending that the ultimate being is a god-like mind that could make deliberate choices), then we'd have to consider that mind to have made a mistake, the stretched-out manifestation of this mistake being our miserable universe. Or, if this god-like mind created a universe like ours with complete understanding and control, then such a god could only be malevolent.
>>
>>9302960
thx, that makes more sense
>>
>>9302679
Frankenstein?
>>
Novel not, but Peter Wessel Zapffe
>>
>>9302679
Frankenstein?
>>
>>9302960
t. gnostic

have you ever considered that the fundamental ground of being might be something other than dry, bloodless, academic KNOWING?

U FOOKIN CUNT! IT'S RAW!!
>>
File: IMG_0378.jpg (75KB, 268x403px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0378.jpg
75KB, 268x403px
>>9304108

Yeah - and even though I'm not a disciple of Schopenhauer, he didn't consider that to be the fundamental ground of being either.
>>
>>9302679
Grendel
>>
>>9302679
>>9302681
>>9302685

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1MhAJ5ODIj5
>>
>>9303323
>>9303332
>>9303358
>>9303379
>>9304108
>>9304199
>>9304231

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0057dAHamGV
>>
>>9304264
Oh! Do me!
Say, "I like to lick a lot of luscious lady-cock!"
>>
>>9304108

Not sure what your argument is but the Noumenal is only as dry as your own Mind.
>>
File: IMG_0333.jpg (192KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0333.jpg
192KB, 800x600px
>>9305637

That's kinda vaguely phrased. For Kant the noumenal can only be thought via the pure concepts (yet this doesn't imply that noumena have no intrinsic nature aside from conceptual form), without any determinations of space and time - but such sensible determinations are included in the human "mind."

For Schopenhauer, strictly speaking, the noumenon can't even be thought, in that no concepts (or even intuitions) can adequately apply to the noumenon. If there is any mystical insight into the inner nature of the noumenon, then the mystic wouldn't be able to communicate this information to others. The human mind can maximally decode nature by using the concept of the noumenon, but it's a limit concept; more viscerally, a human can non-conceptually feel its inner will, which brings it closer to the nature of the noumenon, yet still without revealing it as it is in-itself.

If you're using the concept of the noumenal in some other way, then I haven't read enough to weigh in on it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.