[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nietzsche chart/recommendations? I know a bit about him from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: Nietzsche187a.jpg (14KB, 220x298px) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche187a.jpg
14KB, 220x298px
Nietzsche chart/recommendations?

I know a bit about him from the memes here but I need to read some of his work until friday.
>>
>>9300219

Read his works in order of publication, as you would with any other author.
>>
>>9300219

You are a superficial person and even reading his work will be a meme to you. You could pick up his book, find a couple really dope lines and cite them off for rep and call it Nietzche, but you won't have the faintest inkling of what he was even talking about.

If you don't want to be a poseur turbofag and maybe for a second think about being a real human fucking being then you should probably consider getting your shit together and quick.

Start with the Greeks like everybody else and take it in when you get to Nietzche, but not for the purpose of Nietzche, but for the purpose of you. Because THAT is what he's really talking about, and you're not being the person Nietzche thinks you could be.
>>
Start with the Portable Nietzche and Basic writings by Kaufmann. Read the prefaces for each of his works in chronological order then start with The Gay Science or Beyond Good and Evil. You're free to jump right into it but you'll honestly get more out of the reading by having a background in Ancient Greek philosophy.
>>
>>9300223
Fuck off

>>9300219
Zarathustra, Ecce Homo, Gay Science, anything. That order.
>>
>>9300248
awful post

>>9300326
good post
>>
>>9300219
don't
>>
>>9300219
>Nietzsche chart/recommendations?
He's a Greek philologist who can't STFU about the Greeks for 15 pages

PUBLICATION ORDER

As for which editions and translations, it's near the end of this:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y8_RRaZW5X3xwztjZ4p0XeRplqebYwpmuNNpaN_TkgM/mobilebasic?pli=1
>>
>>9300223
>in order of publication, as you would with any other author
I don't do so. Fuck you arrogant wiseass.
>>
>>9300398

Yeah god forbid people think you actually read the things you quote of goodreads
>>
>>9300219
The Birth of Tragedy, The Antichrist, then chronologically imo
>>
starting with birth of tragedy or zarathustra is bad
his best works that capture the majority of his thoughts are genealogy of morals, beyond good and evil, maybe gay science. twilight of idols = good shortish book of his.
>>
>>9300574
i meant to say Twilight of the Idols and The Antichrist, oops
>>
>>9300337

>Zarathustra first
Don't be a cunt.
>>
>>9300680
definitely this
t. philosophy teacher
>>
>>9300680
>don't start with birth of tragedy
Why? Kaufmann starts with that listed first and it presents the idea of the appollinian and dionysian duality.

I'm reading that right now and it's my introduction to nietzsche (aside from the three metamorphosis and first chapter of Zarathustra )

Should I drop it and start with genealogy first?
>>
>>9300787
>>9300337
you gotta read it again at the end
>>
>>9300248
Just to be clear 'Start with the Greeks' means Plato and Aristotle in this context?
>>
Do not start with the Birth of Tragedy

Read a Wikipedia plot summary of plato and Schopenhauer then dive in with Beyond Good and Evil
>>
>all these completly different suggestions
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHJJJJJH

EVERY SINGLE TIME
WHY CAN'T YOU FAGGOTS MAKE UP YOUR MIND ON THIS GUY?
DOES ANYONE EVEN ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND HIM?
>>
>>9302780
Nope
>>
>>9300219
If you haven't read the Greeks and a basic understanding of Schopenhauer then don't bother.

If you have then I'd say start with The Gay Science. Fairly easy read and gives a good wide sample of his main ideas.

Then perhaps Twilight of the Idols because it's one of his easier works, but more political.

Or go with Beyond Good and Evil, which many consider to be his most important work.

Then you may proceed with perhaps Birth of Tragedy, The Genealogy of Morals, Anti-Christ etc.

>>9300337
Don't buy into this meme. Starting with Zarathustra is a terrible idea. It's easily one of his most difficult works.
>>
>>9302632

Homer, Plato/Aristotle, everything after.

Nietzche's very first book is quite seriously "Start With The Greeks."
>>
>>9300680
This, plus I found The Antichrist to be the most accessible of his works.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.