[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

online poetry mentoring where?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: wUY0Ueb.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
wUY0Ueb.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
hello
i've always been pretty bad at writing poetry, and i don't mean that in a bashful way, i am certain my writing is objectively bad. i want to improve but i've never taken creative writing (or at least i wasn't taking it seriously enough when i was) and i was wondering if there are any communities or ways i could get mentored online. of course i know there are countless poetry and creative writing forums (which i will default to when this post doesn't get replied to) but if there is anything even slightly more personal or one on one i would love to hear about it.
>>
File: 414v7UblakL.jpg (31KB, 324x500px) Image search: [Google]
414v7UblakL.jpg
31KB, 324x500px
>>
>>9297646
Really cool picture

Also, read this
I'm not the type of person to look for a mentor so I don't know that feel, but it's not beneficial look on the internet for personal help / advice about anything important imo.

Just read tons of poetry and it'll rub off on you
>>
>>9297659
>read tons of poetry
Most important advice
Also don't worry too much about how objectively good your poetry is, just try to accomplish what you want to
>>
>>9297646
Hey, I am a user at /r/OCPoetry and I'd be glad to help you. The community there is pretty big and some of the moderators (not me) both enthusiastic and thorough about critique (and not in a huggy kissy way). If you're interested I'll give you my user-name and you can PM me.
>>
>>9297667
my email got hacked a while ago so i don't have a reddit account at this second, so i probably can't PM you. if you feel comfortable telling me your usename i can create one a little later, but if not thats fine.
>>9297659
thank you i really needed a place to start, i appreciate this very much. i'll read a lot too
>>
>>9297659
Unfortunately, that's not always the case. Without someone fairly impartial (which is easy to get online, frankly) you can very easily continually make strange mistakes that'll seem obvious when some stranger points them out. Although, if you plan on publishing a piece posting online can frequently be bad practice (because, unless you change it sufficiently or make it part of a larger piece, many publications will not take it.
>>
>>9297692
gummyfail my posts on the subreddit have a cabbage next to them
>>
>>9297708
thanks, i'll remember to hit you up once when i make my account
>>
>>9297723
no problem. you'll see with honest critical feedback (and a thick enough skin to know when to ignore and when to accept) you'll improve much faster than before.

seriously, though. read a lot.
H.D. perfected imagery.
Eliot's Four Quartets are some of the most musical verse I've ever read/heard.

Oh yeah. Always read out loud. Whenever you can.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.