[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LGBT/Gay books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: 5107.jpg (46KB, 350x421px) Image search: [Google]
5107.jpg
46KB, 350x421px
Know any actually good LGBT novels?

The only one I know of so far is Maurice by EM Forster.

Please try to avoid suggesting shallow SJW-bait thanks.
>>
>>9295956
http://booklist.rassaku.net/
>>
price of salt :3
>>
>>9295956
Volume 4 of Proust's ISoLT, Sodom and Gomorrah, deals at length with homosexuality both in men and women. Idk if that counts, but it's probably the best written stuff you'll find (plus Proust was gay).
>>
>>9295956
>Another Country
>Giovanni's Room
James Baldwin

More than just lgbt
>>
>>9295956
LGBT is a good acronym because it's sorted from least degenerate to most degenerate.
>>
>>9296008
>lesbians
>less degenerate than gays
at least gays can be sensible adults
>>
@9296008

*grabs by throat*
Uh, back the fuck off?!
>>
File: 39c.jpg (37KB, 640x659px) Image search: [Google]
39c.jpg
37KB, 640x659px
>Read lgbt book with gay protagonist
>he becomes heartbroken, has his whole life ruined and dies in the end

Every time
>>
>>9295969
aah Carol is one of my favourite films of all time. Is the book just as good/similar?
>>
>>9295997
Currently reading Giovanni's Room, it's very good.
>>
>>9295956
>being a faggot pedophile

Burn in hell, you god damn abomination.
>>
>>9296029

The wages of sin ;)
>>
/lit/ doesn't seem to be into Armistead Maupin's Tales of the City. I still wonder why. Maybe it's too shiny, happy, soft and comfy. The exact contrary of hack or fraud. Long live Armistead Maupin.
>>
>>9296029
It's a realistic ending. Believe me, I've been through it, except the suicide part.

i still live through it
>>
>>9295956
The Picture of Dorian Gray
>>
>>9296038
haven't seen the film but it's a lesbian story that makes you :3 not :(. highsmith's always great.
well of loneliness made most lesbian novels very :(
>>
>>9295956
Young Törleß
>>
File: 971209.jpg (77KB, 318x471px) Image search: [Google]
971209.jpg
77KB, 318x471px
Finished this tonight, it's great. Really genuinely great. Pretty long and dense, but once I got through the first 100 pages you get into the flow of it and it flies by. Read the last 400 or so pages in two days. Cannot recommend highly enough.

Unless you really don't like ulysses. Then you'll probably hate it.
>>
>>9296018

>worshiping a poopchute
>sensible
>>
>>9296251
Worshiping some piss flaps isn't much better.
>>
>>9296008
>>9296018
>>9296251
Focus, please
>>9296236
Good, one of those books I would have cried at if I wasn't against crying
>>9296029
birdsflyfishswimgayshaveshitlives
>>
>>9296275

>implying people can't have perfectly unenjoyable sex in the missionary position strictly for the purpose of procreation
>>
Elsa Morante's Aracoeli
>>
>>9295956
Putting a LGBT label on your book is like slapping a sticker that says Young Adult on it

Your condemning it to the pulp isle
>>
>>9296404
This is true but it seems to imply that it is deserving of something more
>>
any good books about being a tranny? I suppose it could make for good literature as becoming a tranny is among the most JUSTFUCKMYSHITUP things one can do as a human being.
>>
File: scary_slovenian_man.jpg (24KB, 620x320px) Image search: [Google]
scary_slovenian_man.jpg
24KB, 620x320px
>homo book
Depressing but extremely well written and meaningful literature
>lesbian book
Shallow fairytale happy-happy pulp with no lasting value

Why is this?
>>
>>9296419

Not because of the merits of having two faggots rubbing each other in it. Write a good book first and if the characters happen to be big homos then it will be worth something.

I'd say Picture of Dorian Gray might fit this description but as we all know Oscar Wilde has never written anything of value in his life.
>>
>>9296430

Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk.

It doesn't have any trannys in it I don't think but it captures the "vainglorious freak with superficial delusions has a mental illness" pretty fucking well.
>>
>>9296447
m8 the descriptions are opposite. your cocklust is just making you unable to read. go suck some.
>>9296448
>as we all know Oscar Wilde has never written anything of value in his life.
please be joking
>>9296430
Myra Breckinridge and Myron. Both by Gore Vidal.
>>
Mishima
>>
Edmund White's Forgetting Elena is pretty decent.

Genet's Our Lady of the Flowers and The Thief's Journal are also good.
>>
call me by your name
>>
Inferno by Dante Aligheri
>>
>>9296059
>tfw when you dated a man who fell in love with a 13 year old once
Thomas Mann is that you?
>>
File: essential_gay.jpg (2MB, 2900x3700px) Image search: [Google]
essential_gay.jpg
2MB, 2900x3700px
sup guys
just made this
>>
>>9298401
I'd replace something with A Single Man by Isherwood. HOWL or Plato or Shakes or Whitman. Not exactly "homo lit".

Also you picked a pretty terrible cover for Giovanni's Room.

Other than that it's solid
>>
Espanranza Rising, Sorcerer's Stone
>>
>>9296464
>It doesn't have any trannys in it
I'm confused. What do you think Brandy was?
>>
>>9295956
the 1001 Arabian Nights. DeSade's Justine
>>
>>9295956
>Asking for "LGBT novels"
Kill yourself, pleb.
>>
>>9298401
Thanks, anon. I'd kiss u now.

From that chart, I've just read that first one of Mishima and Death in Venice. Two great books!

I'm going to check the remaining books.
>>
>>9298401
>no little life
I didnt even like it, but it is as close to the modern representation of the gay novel possible.
>>
Moby Dick
Huckleberry Finn
The Great Gatsby
>>
>>9298401
Leaves of Grass is a really dumb feature there. A gay dude can write about his friendships with men without it being about homosexuality (even if he had casual sex with the men).
>>
>>9295956
The Well of Loneliness, Beauty and Sadness, Confessions of a Mask and Forbidden Colours.
Maybe also She Came to Stay, if you can count that one.
>>
File: 2gays.png (319KB, 954x599px) Image search: [Google]
2gays.png
319KB, 954x599px
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.