[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /lit/ like Lord Dunsany?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Lord Dunsany.jpg (34KB, 433x565px) Image search: [Google]
Lord Dunsany.jpg
34KB, 433x565px
Does /lit/ like Lord Dunsany?
>>
I'm just trying to get into his stuff now. Someone posted a really amazing short story here about a guy going on a quest in some fantastical land, to retrieve a key, or something?

What part of Dunsany's work is more like that? I picked up a book of his, but it seems to be more on the fantasy bestiary side of things.

What I liked about that original story was that it was kind of Borgesian without having its tongue welded to its cheek about it. It just went with it. Borges stories always seem like a Rubik's cube with a very specific point I'm supposed to take away about semiotics or some shit, it's too fucking "tightly wound" or something.
>>
>>9295654
I just finished the Penguin volume of his stories (In the Land of Time and Other Fantasy Tales). I absolutely loved it.

>>9295840
His "Tales of Wonder" are like this. They are in the aforementioned Penguin volume. They include:
- "The Sword of Welleran" *
- "The Kith of the Elf-Folk"
- "The Ghosts"
- "The Fortress Unvanquishable, Save for Sacnoth" *
- "Bladgaross"
- "Idle Days on the Yann" *
- "A Shop in Go-by Street" *
- "The Avenger of Perdondaris" *
- "The Bride of the Man-Horse"

* = especially similar to what you described
>>
>>9295864
Thanks a lot my dude. That's over and above the kind of effort I was asking for.
>>
>>9295864
Sorry, my listing doesn't correspond to the actual volume Tales of Wonder. I assumed they would, but it looks like the editor of the Penguin arranged the stories thematically instead of by-volume.
>>
>>9295870
oh no problem, man, just trying to share the love for obscure weird fiction
>>
File: 1462205416970.jpg (7KB, 180x159px) Image search: [Google]
1462205416970.jpg
7KB, 180x159px
>>9295882
Can Dunsany's work really even be considered 'weird fiction'? I feel like he fits squarely into 'fantasy' or the 'romantic' genre. I think it's actually a disgrace to call his style 'weird fiction'.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.