[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who on here has actually read this? What did you think of it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Fanged-Noumena-cover.jpg (104KB, 320x487px) Image search: [Google]
Fanged-Noumena-cover.jpg
104KB, 320x487px
Who on here has actually read this? What did you think of it?
>>
>>9294763
Is he actually Alt-Right, or some kind of right, or are just the right people trying to attach his movement to someone actually inteligent?

I would be interest because the connections with Deleuze and all the antihumanism, but you know, I already pass the times of reading Evola and relateds.
>>
Been a while but sometimes I pick out a random essay and read it. The one about Kant of the Ecstasy of Pain was beautiful and compelling.
Recs on particular essays?
>>
>>9294783
His work post-2013 is neoreationary and he's probably the second most influential philosopher in that movement. Before that, it's a weird mix. If you go all the way back to the eighties he's a Marxist but he gradually becomes more right wing. Read his "Dark Enlightenment" essay.
http://www.thedarkenlightenment.com/the-dark-enlightenment-by-nick-land/
>>
big red dog showed it and that's the only reason you knwo about it
die
>>
>>9294803
What is big red dog?
>>
File: CoiYpCiUAAARHWD.jpg (110KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CoiYpCiUAAARHWD.jpg
110KB, 900x1200px
>>9294816
>>
>>9294802
Yeah I knew him for his Dark Enlightment stuff, but that can be readed from such a wide range of perspectives.
I will be more concrete, and I would appreciate if someone can make it clear for me:

Has he any opinions on feminism? LGTBI rigths and so on? Butler, Haraway, Foucault, DeLauretis, Halberstam, Wittig...
Any political activism appart from "standing" as a neoreactionary? (and again, is he who consider himself as such or the interpretation of his work by the neoreactionary movement?)

Thank u guys
>>
>>9294823
I don't even know who that is, but if he reads Land I might be interested.
>>
>>9294783
>>9294802

the more correct term would be "post-left" I suppose.

In many ways, he's definitely "right-wing", though, honestly, the left-right compass makes as much sense now as it does trying to classify politics in the middle ages or in the coming future.
He's been right-wing for ages. Since the 1990's. Plenty of what he wrote back then, which it is in Fanged Noumena, is already for that perspective.
If you understand what he's about, you can see that, in a way, he's still a marxist. just a very unorthodox marxist (at least for the current understanding of marxism. For my part, I find him to be a more pure marxist than Harvey or other academic marxian chucklefucks.)
>>
>>9294827
read his stuff on xeno-feminism. Thats the only part of his past work that he, AFAIK, completely broke away from. but its there.
>>
>>9294827
>but that can be readed from such a wide range of perspectives.
It really can't.
>Has he any opinions on feminism? LGTBI rigths and so on?
He doesn't talk about this stuff too often, he usually concerbs himself with more interesting stuff, these things have been done to death
>Any political activism appart from "standing" as a neoreactionary?
Neoreaction doesn't believe in political activism
>and again, is he who consider himself as such or the interpretation of his work by the neoreactionary movement
He is explicitly neoreationary, defines himself as such and runs a whole blog (xenosystems) on neoreationary topics.
>>
This guy is literally a minor academic hack.
>>
>>9294860
Hasn't been academic for two decades.
>>
>>9294857
quite aggresive man :'( low that test down

anyway thanks and good luck
>>
>>9294854
any link or reference? when I google xenofeminism another things come up
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.