[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you listen to audiobooks?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Audible_logo.png (189KB, 5000x1483px) Image search: [Google]
Audible_logo.png
189KB, 5000x1483px
Do you listen to audiobooks?
>>
>>9293719
used to, but then realized I can even highlight any interesting part of book and I end up with nothing.
Also audible is fucking DRM hell.
>>
No, I hate hearing the human voice.
>>
>>9293742
Interesting. What is it about other human voices you dislike compared to your own?
>>
>>9293745
I don't like my own either.
>>
>>9293768
so you don't read?
>>
>>9293719

Absolutely. Recently finished My Struggle book 1 and I've been listening to book 2 every day. 10/10 comfiest way to read it, especially since the guy sounds a lot like Knausgaard.
>>
>>9293719
Audio books are shit, you arent reading and interpreting the book the way the writer wanted you to read it. Reading with your eyes n shit is far more stimulating than listening to fucking audio books.
>>
>>9294050
not him but I am dyslexic and I was reading a poem and I don't like hear it in my head. At least not with my own voice. Anyway I was daydreaming a girl was lying on my lap and I was reading to her, and I re read a part I really liked but this time day dreaming I read it out loud to her. It was really weird because there was a word I just couldn't pronounce but yet I was fine reading it in my head before .
>>
>>9294124
>dyslexic
Why live at all? That is worse than autism.
>>
>>9293719

Yes.
>>
>>9293719

Never. I can't for the life of me pay attention to somebody talking for an extended period of time, I zone out and forget how it started and just end up angry and confused.
>>
>>9293719
I do when I'm working or at the gym, situations where I can't really bring a book
>>
>>9294154
I also think I am autistic as well, although I never got fully tested for that because my parents pulled me out the test as they didn't want a retarded son.

It isn't that bad, people take the piss out of my spelling a lot because I make simple mistakes like sbelling.

But yeah it doesn't help that my jaw is fucked and I kind of have a speech impediment as well, thats why I don't read out loud in my voice.
>>
It's pretty great for non-fiction
>>
>>9293719
on occasion
>>
I love to turn on Audible and go for a walk. It's a little bit of exercise and a nice way to kill your mind for a few hours.
>>
>>9294086
"""reading"""
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.