[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you believe Homer wrote the end? If so, how do you explain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: tumblr_nvkaqmzRFQ1ub9z2wo5_1280.jpg (262KB, 864x1241px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvkaqmzRFQ1ub9z2wo5_1280.jpg
262KB, 864x1241px
Do you believe Homer wrote the end?
If so, how do you explain the massive drop in quality?
>>
Dumb question, since Homer probably has never even existed
>>
>>9291385
This. Homer was a woman.
>>
>>9291389
Lol, OP, have you just pretended to be another Anon? xD xD Xd
>>
>>9291389
women exist tough
>>
>>9291402
Haha, not that anon ;) but yes.
>>
File: IMG_0023.jpg (650KB, 880x1107px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0023.jpg
650KB, 880x1107px
Homer didn't write anything. It's like you've never even heard of oral tradition. When a man is reaching the end of his life, he finds a nice cute little Greek squire and ejaculates down his throat. Then, when he eventually dies, his knowledge from his spermz is transmitted, and thus the oral tradition.
>>
>>9291348
Telegony.
>>
>'Agamemnon, we used to think of you, among all our princes, as the lifelong favorite of Zeus the Thunder-lover'
>>
>>9291486
Never thought about it like this, always wondered why it was called oral.
>>
>>9291389
a blind jewish women
>>
>>9291348
The one version that we have is from Alexandria library. It was selected at the time as 'perfect' version, so who knows how many variations there were. But really that ending is all over the place. Odyseuss somehow turns into an old man upon setting feet on his land, shoots arrows through axes and enjoys wacky times with his wife.
>>
>>9292195
I was talking about everything after line 296 of book 23
>>
whenever im writing a story it deteriorates towards the end as im rushing to get it over and done with ..
>>
>>9292195
That shits great, though.
>somehow turns into an old man
The small part after he kills the suitors is the weird part.
>>
>>9291348
>"And that's how I got back home" said Odysseus
>"Wow," said Penelope, "That sounds like it must have been a The Odyssey by Homer"
Seriously, homer?
>>
>>9291385
Old meme, modern scholarship is moving away from that interpretation.
>>9292195
Why is suddenly aging upon coming home odd?
>>
>>9292229
post something that you've written ..
>>
>>9294053
still waiting ..
>>
File: 148257721526305.gif (98KB, 604x513px) Image search: [Google]
148257721526305.gif
98KB, 604x513px
>>9291348
i think he did it on purpose to further highlight that it's the journey that matters and not the destination.
You only pick destination if you're confident in you chaingrabs at that specific point in time. That or if the fox knows how to wiggle shine at 20% if you don't do the pivot grab frame perfectly.

With that being said, even at mid level, you are allowed to drop the chaingrab twice, tops.
>>
i read the first ~200 pages of this (fagles trans.) and got kinda bored if i'm honest

should i pick it back up? reasons why? not including 'durr it's a classic and tons of western lit references it of course you need to read it' (i will probably end up finishing it at some point because of this).
>>
>>9294315
There is an island full of sex hungry goddesses towards 3/4th in.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.