[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best of /lit/ thread Nothing like a good afternoon of reminiscing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 1481054510707.png (85KB, 767x255px) Image search: [Google]
1481054510707.png
85KB, 767x255px
Best of /lit/ thread

Nothing like a good afternoon of reminiscing
>>
File: 288.png (2MB, 1339x3296px) Image search: [Google]
288.png
2MB, 1339x3296px
Got around to making a screencap
>>
Please point me to a lit webplace that hasn't become unredeemable shit yet
>>
>>9291329
/lit/ can be great if you make an effort to start conversation, man
I've spent entire days debating over books and philosophy here, it's actually really helped me form my ideas
>>
>>9291334
KEK
>>
I've tricked many people such as >>9291334 into reading meme authors such as Ligotti and Cioran for several years now.
>>
>>9291349
>i'm so obsessed with maintaining an image of superiority over and hatred towards the users of this board (which I frequent by the way) that I refuse to admit that quality conversation is even a remote possibility

Users like you are a diamond dosen
>>
>>9291370
I like this post. You're wrong about me but that's pretty accurate for the purpose of describing the fellow users of this lovely board.
>>9291366
>When you're so autistic and allienated from reality that you use the expression 'meme author' unironically
I feel bad for you, son.
>>
File: ss+(2016-11-30+at+09.52.04).jpg (71KB, 398x542px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-11-30+at+09.52.04).jpg
71KB, 398x542px
dumb but funny

I love you /lit/
>>
File: infinite jest guy.png (286KB, 1229x519px) Image search: [Google]
infinite jest guy.png
286KB, 1229x519px
>>9290904
this guy's Infinite Jest story made me almost shit myself, true or not
>>
>>9291552
Reading this is a pure kind of pain
>>
>>9291552
Unironically, I want to read that book. I want to see what all the hubbub is about, and also want to read something by him. Two stones with one bird.

>>9291568
That really is a painful story, though...
>>
>>9291612
There are two ends of the IJ meme, and claiming it's complete shit is one one them. It's a good book. Not one of the best books ever written, but a good book. Just about worth the length
>>
>>9291612
I unironically enjoyed it. I just got into reading seriously last year and it was the first or second book I read, and it got me into enjoying literature. I also appreciated his writing more when I myself began writing. I like his perspectives on media and stimulation which I looked up before reading IJ too. I don't think it'll blow your mind but it's def worth a read
>>
>>9291612
Some parts are good and entertaining.
Some parts are really eye-goungingly bad/slow/boring/what-the-fuck-are-you-doing-Wallace-just-write-about-the-Incandenzas
Probably worth reading on the whole
>>
>>9291617
>>9291640
>>9291651
I'll definitely give it a look-see then, and since I've read more than a handful of books before I doubt I'll sperg out and start touting is as the fucking bible. A shame he killed himself nearly a decade ago though, he looks like a pretty chill dude.
>>
>>9291741
He was an asshole tbf.
>>
>>9291617
I was with you until "worth the length".
>>
>>9291532
It's clear to me that that guys description of you was accurate. Please stop bullying other users. Also, please send your posts to your local rubbish tip instead, it would be more efficient.
>>
>>9291010
I hope to see a picture of 23 copies of tfios soon
>>
>>9292928
Hilarious.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.