[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Samuel Beckett? Is he the most blackpilled writer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

Thoughts on Samuel Beckett? Is he the most blackpilled writer of the 20th century?
>>
hes cool
>>
>>9288205
A deeply deep discussion.
>>
>>9288217
vague questions receive vague answers
>>
>>9288233
Vagueness is the definition of all thought.
>>
>>9288238
Definition? Yes. Vague. There is the definition. That the vague. Again, yes the vague definition. Vain and definition? Yes, now on so it is. Again. Vague Definition. Here, another, yes vague is all though. No.
>>
File: Who is this god everyone fears?.png (100KB, 642x146px) Image search: [Google]
Who is this god everyone fears?.png
100KB, 642x146px
>>9288062
he has no mass appeal and is underrated by those he does appeal to. one of the funniest and most terrifying writers of all time. i learned french so we could flirt better when we inevitably start dating in the afterlife
>>
>>9288251
Good answer. I can't watch 99% of films or plays after reading his stuff. Krapp's Last Tape stuns me and I've seen it about ten times.
>>
>>9288242
Sounds like Beckett.
>>
>>9288062
>blackpilled
How about you don't lump one of the greatest 20th c. writers in with your cringey /r9k/ pua bullshit.
>>
Parataxis, great style. Syntaxis: awful. Beckett is great as is parataxis.
>>
Is his fiction very similar to his plays? I find them too full of ironic gallows quirk to enjoy. I need a little earnestness to go with my nihilism
>>
>>9288062
He looks on that pic like a mobster from Guy Richie's movie.
Btw, is Murphy difficult read?
>>
>>9288800
Haven't read Murphy, but I've read several of Beckett's novels and plays. They range from moderately difficult to inscrutable. Murphy is his first novel so it's probably closer to the former.
>>
>>9288701
His plays are fiction.
>>
le quirky nothingness man
>>
>>9289019
Sorry I meant prose
>>
Last author who could shape people's consciousness.
>>
How can an old man have such a great hairline?
>>
>>9289864
low t
>>
>>9288701
Beckett is one of the most earnest writers ever. There isn't a hint of irony in his work.
>>
>>9288062
>calls Beckett the most blackpilled author of the 20th century
>Do you even Evola?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.