[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rate my aphorism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 8103611082_51f543189b_b[2].jpg (120KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
8103611082_51f543189b_b[2].jpg
120KB, 900x900px
Sometimes it is not important that you laugh, but the fact that you laughed
>>
>>9287992
re-work the first part-- it seems to come from the perspective of a comic, whose bread and butter is laughter; whereas the second part seems addressed to someone who perhaps takes life far too seriously, and needs to lighten up..

It lacks harmony of intention.
>>
>>9287992
Sometimes it's not that you laughed, but the fact that you laughed.

The bugbear's 'important' -get rid of it.
>>
>>9288042
>>9288055

txh, but without 'important' it doesn't really sound liek a full sentence.

What about:

'The essence lies not in the (source of) laughter, but in the fact that you laughed at all.'
>>
>>9287992
>Sometimes it is not important that you laugh, but the fact that you laughed
are these not the same thing?
>>
>>9288093
Aphorisms often express the importance of something implicitly, i.e. have a didactic purpose without saying so. 'Early to bed, early to rise, makes Jack healthy, wealthy and wise' even proffers a result, but basically says if (you) want to be successful, then it is important that (you) keep regular hours. Import is often what comes quietly out of an aphorism, which is supposed to be a terse statement of practical truth. It is the aphorists job TO SHOW the import, not to state it.
>>
>>9287992
More like
>rate my autism
>>
>>9287992
I don't know why, but her face has a punch me vibe to it. Who is this author?
>>
>>9288673
Idk who she is, but she really deserves that punch, so just go for it Anon
>>
>>9288676
Well I need to know why first, what has she made to deserve it? I know she has made something of being punched.
>>
>>9288679
What? It's crazy funny punching people for no reason.
I do it all the time
>>
>>9288679
https://twitter.com/anitasarkeesian?lang=en
Anita Sarkeesian. Avid feminist gaming journalist. Have to follow her to see her tweets because she came under a lot of fire through the years.
>>
>>9288700
I only punch people who deserve it. I must hear them why they need punching or else I wouldn't be a good person.
>>
>>9288704
I see, so give me a quick run down on her journalism. Is she one of the ones that think they have a voice but just a big mouth that doesn't know anything or does she critique like a human being without recording?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.