[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes something scary?inB4 "drr the unkown)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: blackguyinapool.jpg (4KB, 206x250px) Image search: [Google]
blackguyinapool.jpg
4KB, 206x250px
What makes something scary?inB4 "drr the unkown)
>>
>question
>inb4 the answer
>>
>>9287910
I read an account a doctor had in the 1800's of a woman that had a panic attack because of a horror novel she read. It was apparently the first "jump scare" in written history. Imagine it, being such a pussy that you get jump scared by words, lmao
>>
>>9287954
There's a skeleton inside you.
>>
File: 1481409624046.jpg (35KB, 267x274px) Image search: [Google]
1481409624046.jpg
35KB, 267x274px
>>9288005
>>
>>9288005
hehe u spooked me
>>
File: IMG_0212.png (930KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0212.png
930KB, 1334x750px
What makes something scary? That depends on the "scary" you are looking for. Personally, my favorite kind of "scary" is more of a feeling of despair, where the character is in a terrible situation in which he cannot escape no matter what he does. A perfect example would be Poe's "The Premature Buirial".
>>
>>9288996
for me, the scariest thing it what monstrosities humans are capable off. whenever i read about real life crimes and thing like that, it scares me to know that i am capable of having just as inhuman thoughts and to actually act them out. just think about whag kind of humans it takes to actually go trough with stuff like human experiments or institutionalized child trafficking. how little a human life is worth in the weong hands and how little it takes to switch someone to absolute zero empathy for the people he has power over.
>>
די ונפאַמיליאַר
>>
File: ferdinand unemployed.jpg (631KB, 1192x1600px) Image search: [Google]
ferdinand unemployed.jpg
631KB, 1192x1600px
>>9288996
Not trying to sound like and edgy dip. But ''The Premature Buirial'' is one of the most forced situations of despair in history. And judging by how dim the chances of you ending up in this situation are, getting scared by it seems forced at the very least.

Not really a great reccomendation of a despair inducing book is The Call of Cthulhu, or anything cosmicist really.

Not trying to make it sound like I'm hot shit but it made me actually spend like 3 hours after reading thinking about how fucking meaningless I am and how anything I did, even if it was as magnificent as Newton's work or getting a man to another planet would all be as lame of an attempt at marking the universe as the construction of an anthill.

Sad shit.
>>
>>9290077
ffs wth is my typing
gotta read shit before posting

also, bump.
>>
>>9289010
This.

Thinking that as weird as human dolls and forced cannibalism is, it could happen to anyone including us/our relatives is something to stay awake for.

I mean, imagine being proud of your daughter getting into med school and the next day hearing that she got raped and had to eat her boyfriend's legs to stay alive. I'd probably just break down right there.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.