[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Middlemarch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: Middlemarch.jpg (268KB, 842x1568px) Image search: [Google]
Middlemarch.jpg
268KB, 842x1568px
Have any of you read it? What did you think of it?
>>
>>9286154
best novel
>>
>>9286154
worst novel
>>
It's very boring. I have mysterious Russian soul thought, and find characters and themes too frat
>>
>>9286180
It's better than Ulysses.
>>9286178
haha
>>
>>9286180
forced meme
>>
>>9286208
That's dumb. His wife read it. Marilyn Monroe read it. Woolf Read it. My cousin (who is grill) read it.
>>
>>9286208
They can't read middlemarch either
>>
>>9286208
Frogniggers literally cannot read Middlemarch.
>>
>>9286241
I know what reading means. It's not a hard word.
>Nora
>parroting academic critique of her hubby's masterwork
>Woolf
>not going against most academic critique
>Marilyn Monroe
>well, she was never asked to dissect it, but she enjoyed it
>my cousin
>she's p smart bruv

I know you don't like women, but your claim is wrong.
>>
>>9286261
lol you got trolled dude
>>
>>9286264
I know. I'm not gonna react to anything like that, but with sincerity. I'm not interested in counter-trolling.
>>
>>9286267
crown prince of neurotypical sissyboys right here
>>
>>9286272
Eh, not sure I would qualify as neurotypical. Sissy, maybe.
>>
>>9286315
post the funny gecko saying rooow
>>
>>9286315
Middlemarch is better than Ulysses
and hiding behind a special definition is pretty lazy.
I meant read AND comprehend. Ulysses is complex, but it isn't the face of god.
>>
>>9286258
>le opportunity cost
>shitposting on 4chan
>>9286261
>Woolf
>not going against most academic critique
confirmed for not knowing what the fuck you're talking about
>>
>>9286341
>>9286342
stfu and post rage comix
>>
>>9286342
she spoke out against a book academics literally worship. One of her primary issues being favored part for others writers. His 'cloacal obsession' or whatever.

>>9286347
nah
>>
>>9286369
I know that, I was quoting anon, not greentexting myself. read his post
>>
>>9286407
What makes you think `` George Eliot '' is a female? George is a man's name.
>>
>>9286410
i was that anon. I just miscommunicated. Sorry.

>>9286407
Middlemarch isn't average. No matter how much you hate people with pussies.
>>
>>9286154
If you like pleasant relationship drama or good characters, you'll enjoy it. I did not.
Eliot writes well enough that the book does not suffer from bad prose, but not well enough to be enjoyed for the prose alone; the characters are fleshed out, but I don't particularly care about that; the places feel empty: they lack everything but peopleā€”no rich descriptions of architecture can be found here, unlike in, say, Hugo's works, and scenery likewise feels nonexistent; the plot for its part consists mostly of romances and friendships, and while it has two decent tragic arcs, most of the book is spent on other matters; and while the themes may appear interesting, so little time is spent on developing them that it felt like I were reading three to five novels at once, two of which I slightly enjoyed, but neither one too much. And yet all this I could forgive were it at least enjoyable; were it in any way entertaining or funny. But it is not.
>>
>>9286482
this. shit is gay.
>>
>>9286154
Loved it after reading it. It's a chore to read but the psychological depth is astonishing and I truly believe that it's made me a more empathatic person. My fav characters were the friar, the practical guy and that guys wife.

Also, I'm really starting to the despise the ironic and non-ironic women hating (and racism and antisemitism and redpilling etc etc) on here. I know most of it is /pol/ memery and that it has been here for a long time now but I feel like it has been getting worse and worse. It's poisonous and disgusting.
>>
>>9286660
agreed
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.