[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any genuinely frightning horror in literature?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: vampyrf-1.jpg (116KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vampyrf-1.jpg
116KB, 1280x720px
Is there any genuinely frightning horror in literature?
>>
>>9285699
Wating for Godot
>>
>>9285699
Yes. see: critical theory on the frightening horrors of capital and resulting consumerism, mass spectacle, commodification, and ennui.

But seriously, there's a pretty good Horror guide in the wiki, but I don't believe any book could truly 'frighten' in the sense we mean in the 21st century, post-film and television.
>>
>>9285699
if 1984 doesnt scare the shit out of you then idk what will
>>
>>9285839
>being scared by an instruction manual
>>
File: 3853953.jpg (26KB, 300x475px) Image search: [Google]
3853953.jpg
26KB, 300x475px
>>9285738
To combine your ironic and unironic points, pic related uses the basic logic of "capital and resulting consumerism, mass spectacle, commodification, and ennui" in a supernatural context to produce some good atmospheric scares.

>The company that employed me strived only to serve up the cheapest fare that the customer would tolerate, churn it out as fast as possible, and charge as much as they could get away with. If it were possible to do so, the company would sell what all businesses of its kind dream about selling, creating that which all of our efforts were tacitly supposed to achieve: the ultimate product -- Nothing. And for this product they would command the ultimate price -- Everything.
>>
>>9285839

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever."
>>
>>9285709
>>9285738
>>9285839
>>9285879
>>9285919
>>9285926
/lit/ is so depressingly predictable
>>
>>9285699
>>
It would have to be poetry.
>>
>>9285699

Pessoa and Bartleby for describing my state of mind, tbqh.
>>
>>9285699
crime and punishment's redrum scene creeped me out as a kid
>>
File: IMG_2418.jpg (143KB, 792x1131px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2418.jpg
143KB, 792x1131px
>>9285699
The Gulag Archipelago

Or those pick your own adventure goosebumps books once you realize that some choice you made a long time ago in real life could have jumped you to a death page
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.