[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /lit/.. How do you people hold the urge of buying more books?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

Hi /lit/..
How do you people hold the urge of buying more books? Whenever I go to a bookstore, I buy the book I need plus 5-6 more. I just feel like I need more books. Any suggestions?
>>
>>9285655
Go to the library and get your materialism under control
>>
>>9285666
devil trips got it. even if you don't have a local library, it sounds like you just fell for the meme of consumerism and need to get yourself in order.
>>
>>9285669
>get yourself in order
Financially or spiritually?
>>
I don't see anything interesting when I go to a bookstore anymore.
My interest shifted in such a weird manner that a lot of things I am interested in are not being printed any more.

I am also a fucking jew when it comes to spending a lot of money so I contemplate every purchase for a few day,if it's more expensive than around 6-7 dollars.
>>
File: IMG_7721.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7721.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>9285655
I have a similar feel. Over the past 8 months I bought a lot of books, started reading about 8 of them and finished only 1. I have about 10 I haven't even opened.

This week I got 2 really nice books and it's making me want to replace the cheaper books I have with more quality looking versions. Its not just a vanity issue of wanting my bookshelf to look aristocratic or Victorian, I genuinely love well made and detailed book covers. It's like art. It's also taking a stand against such an ugly modern world.

Lastly and most relevantly, I want to collect books so that in the future I can have a library on a farm and raise my future children to be knowledgeable without the poison of Marxist cities and college degenerates.

Pic is of my new book. It comes in a nice box, has a ribbon bookmark and I love that pattern on the print. I want all my books to be this beautiful now.
>>
>>9285755
>doesn't read and buys gaudy hardcovers that poor people think look "aristocratic"
fitting right in, m8
>>
I have lots of disposable income. I just buy whatever I want.
>>
>>9285655

Whenever I go to a bookstore, even if I don't need any book, I spend at least half an hour carefully picking 4-5 books, then I put them back on shelves and leave quickly. It makes me feel satisfied as if I had bought them. You should try it.
>>
>>9285755
>I genuinely love well made and detailed book covers. It's like art
>like art

You know, if you open one of them up you will find actual art.
>>
File: IMG_7722.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7722.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>9285755
Also got this recently, the outside of the pages is golden. Things like this make me appreciate books a lot more compared to soft cover junk I leave on the floor of my car, covers curled up etc.

I really don't think its materialistic, it's just quality and appreciation of fine craftsmanship.
>>
File: IMG_7267.jpg (22KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7267.jpg
22KB, 240x320px
>>9285761
>doesnt read
I not only read everyday but since getting my new books I became more interested in reading them then the current books I'm reading. Their beauty draws me in :3

>poor people think look "aristocratic"
Tbh I have no friends or peers I live in my own world and that world is highly glorious **I even play Celtic harp and write in Fraktur calligraphy u mad?**

>>9285770
No shit, the only books I like are the classics, history and Eastern philosophy.

>main book I've been reading this year.
>>
I think the difference between the communist junk book reading scum of /lit/ and the fine art appreciating soul of mine carries over into every part of life. The girls we are attracted to, the way we treat our families, how we hold ourselves etc.

For instance, I bet you are attracted to trashy sluts and don't care if theyre virgins or any type of traditional standard. My type of girl can be summed up by the candydoll series (rip).

/lit/ is dirty hipster central and you're all perverted scum froth. I'm too innocent and pure for this place. I'm going back to my self created world :^)
>>
>>9285655
I'm different, I compulsively but neat notebooks, i really like those with a hard cover, i write ten pages in them then forget about them, fortunately I'm not buying expensive stuff like Moleskin yet.
>>
File: bb3f9e777b4f.jpg (537KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
bb3f9e777b4f.jpg
537KB, 600x900px
>>9285961
>Mole skin
No! Why is this even a thing... So cruel and pointless...
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.