[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw smart and yet didn't understand Neuromancer.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1477252490517s.jpg (9KB, 250x226px) Image search: [Google]
1477252490517s.jpg
9KB, 250x226px
>tfw smart and yet didn't understand Neuromancer.
>>
not smart enough

jk bro reread it again in a year or so and i'm, sure you'll have picked up on everything you missed :)
>>
>>9284740

there's so many ideas and sentiments packaged into neuromancer that it's hard to see past the early cyberpunk cheese
>>
Oh thank god I'm not the only one
>>
>>9284740
>thumbnail
are you really smart though?
>>
What the fuck was up with all those jamaicans? Like what the fuck? The references to dub music was cool though
>>
>>9284881
Gibson ripped off the matrix years before it was created.
>>
>>9284855
I didn't bother getting a reaction image folder for the past 5 years, so i just got whatever from google images when needed =)
>>
>>9284740
I don't understand how you couldn't understand Neuromancer.

And it's a common criticism. What is there to not get?
>>
>>9284740
nobody understands it because it devolves into incoherent rambling towards the end. they just remember the "mood" (which to billy boy's credit was generation defining)
>>
>>9284740
What didn't click about Neuromancer?
>>
watch Ghost in the Shell and Blade Runner and read it again.
>>
>>9284881
It was about a group of people who fled the corruption of the earth do do their own thing. It didn't have to be Space Rastas, except for it allowed for the integration of righteous Rasta theology, which was fun as heck.
>>
the drug / dream / hallucination / complicated changes is what made it hard to understand at times.
>>
you were to intelligent op
>>
>>9284740
it's clunky and all over the place don't worry anon
>>
>>9284881
Rastas have a bit of a gnostic bent, they think this world is the continuation of Babylon, and that god's people were never freed until Haile Selassie and African Unification, and now they must built the new Heaven, Zion.

Which is what they do, only in space. It's a cool as fuck concept desu, little space communes of people who are just fucking sick of earthly bs.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.