[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

God made human because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: pedobear-god-made-men-because.jpg (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
pedobear-god-made-men-because.jpg
21KB, 400x400px
I had asked a week back for feedback for the same piece. Anyone willing to give feedback?

http://hasitpbhatt.blogspot.com/2017/03/god-made-human-because.html
>>
>>9282807
fucking godawful, and here's why.

>Well, this isn't the first time these questions have surrounded me.

Could you write a more meaningless sentence in a more stilted way?

>Since childhood, I've been asked what did I want to be when I grew up.

Shit grammar draws attention away from what's being said. Also gives away the fact that you don't have the intrinsic grasp on language that you need to be a writer.

>With time, the answers have changed with an average frequency thrice a year.

Thrice? Are you fucking kidding me here? Could you be more pretentious?

>I always thought that once you enter adulthood, you'll know what you want to be.

Fuck this, I'm out
>>
>>9282872
This post has convinced me not to read it.
OP, you know that comic that's like "welcome to /lit/," and has the guy asking for book recs and the other guy jumping in and yelling "Finnegan's Wake"? Remember the guy in the background asking people to critique his short story about being a NEET with no gf? That's the level of writing this is. That's you. The subject is different, maybe, the quality the same.
>>
>>9282807
>making an image macro with no idea of the meaning of the image
yeah, nah, not gonna read your trash
>>
>>9282872

>Shit grammar draws attention away from what's being said. Also gives away the fact that you don't have the intrinsic grasp on language that you need to be a writer.

>criticizes anon for poor grasp of language
>misuses intrinsic in his critique
>>
>>9282934
I want to be a better person; tell me how I misused it so I can learn and grow as an individual.
>>
>>9282934
Not that guy, but "intrinsic" means "inherent," so it doesn't really make sense to say anyone has an "intrinsic" grasp of a language; this would imply they were born with the knowledge, or came to it through sheer intuition. A simple "firm," "fluent," or "thorough" would suffice in your context
>>
File: battleoftours.png (3MB, 1600x1316px) Image search: [Google]
battleoftours.png
3MB, 1600x1316px
>>9283004
Meant for >>9282993
>>
>>9283004
Thanks for the answer. You're definitely not that guy. I like talking about words and word choice.

OED: Belonging naturally; essential.

Etymology: late 15c., "interior, inward, internal," from Middle French intrinsèque "inner" (14c.), from Medieval Latin intrinsecus "interior, internal," from Latin intrinsecus (adv.) "inwardly, on the inside," from intra "within" (see intra-) + secus "along, alongside," from PIE *sekw-os- "following," suffixed form of root *sekw- (1) "to follow" (see sequel).

OP is Indian, which is made clear on his blog post. I chose "intrinsic" because I wanted to imply that writing to enlighten/entertain isn't something that you can just start doing well after taking ENGL 1 at your local adult education center; for me, at least (and I assume for most native English speakers), writing grammatically correct sentences requires no conscious effort whatsoever, and that comes from a literal lifetime of reading.

I'd definitely call my grasp on the English language "intrinsic," as in "internal," or "naturally occurring," and definitely part of my "essence." I could see it not working for some people, and that's fine, but I don't think it's as egregious of an error as the above post implies.

Now I'm probably "that guy," but this is /lit/, so whatever.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.