[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth reading?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (31KB, 398x499px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 398x499px
Is it worth reading?
>>
>>9282338
Nope
>>
He is the new Zizek and not a marxist cuck, read him
>>
>that pretentious font

dropped
>>
>>9282338
lol no
>>
I tried listening to his lectures on YouTube. There's a lot of anecdotes and pop history that don't mesh well, none too impressed.
>>
>>9282345
Yeah, because christcucks are so much better
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 266x315px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 266x315px
>>9282346
>not liking the font
>>
>>9282340
>>9282358
Have you actually read it? I want an honest opinion but I feel like people are pre-judging it before reading because it was written by the new meme guy.
>>
>>9282996
Yeah I read it cover to cover, its a big dog turd
>>
File: 1489814538939.jpg (59KB, 433x577px) Image search: [Google]
1489814538939.jpg
59KB, 433x577px
>>9282401
butthurt fedora fag detected.
>>
>>9282338
Download the free PDF and make your own opinion.
http://jordanbpeterson.com/2016/11/maps-of-meaning-intro
>>
>>9283001
What's wrong with it?
>>
Hes our modern day nietzsche

Of course its worth reading
>>
I think it's a great book, and I also think he's way smarter than he appears to be.
>>
no.

is it one shill that keeps spamming /lit/....or is there a team?
>>
>>9283098
I was not overly impressed by his little lectures, but Peterson does seem knolwedgeble when he talks about Jung and Nietzsche, and claims to have put an obsessive amount of work in this book concerning those particular authors.

So when >>9283001
said it was complete shit it surprised me. I'll give it a try either way.
>>
>>9283114
dont listen to 4chan posters
>>
>>9283125
Don't listen to this guy
>>
>>9283163
I agree. He is a 4chan poster after all.
>>
>>9282386
>>9283114
>I need to be impressed to find something worthwhile
Sounds like you guys prefer sophists to people who try to articulate their ideas as clear as possible desu
>>
>>9283316
Why do you say that? I did say se seemed knowledgeable on certain topics, it's just that it wasn't as insightful as I thought it would be. Also, I was expecting a pretentious Zizek-like character with a canadian accent, instead I got a normal sounding professor who was a bit corny at times.
>>
>>9283346
>i was expecting zizek
>sounds like you prefer sophists
Seems pretty self-explanatory.
>>
>>9283352
It's not like I prefer Zizek, it's just that he's more like what you'd expect from people who meme their way into relevance through e-fame.
>>
File: tipsfedora.jpg (24KB, 377x312px) Image search: [Google]
tipsfedora.jpg
24KB, 377x312px
>>9282346
>Hating Peterson so much that you end up at this level of triviality
>>
just read the italicized parts at the beginning of every chapter/subchapter and decide for yourself if the rest is worth reading
>>
>>9282338
Reading Yes
Buying No
>>
>>9282346
>Literally judging a book by its cover
>>
Rising urge to go through the catalog and bump other Peterson threads until some fedoralord snaps.
>>
What does he want? Is it at bottom yet another round of muh Jesus, or is he serious?
>>
>>9282338
looks like good stuff, let's ask some more folk
>>
>>9286331
If you're going to bump threads you should at least contribute something to them.
>>
If you guys are expecting this to be some Christian romp I don't think you actually understand his views on religion
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.