[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /lit/ think of this work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Walden.jpg (134KB, 325x500px) Image search: [Google]
Walden.jpg
134KB, 325x500px
What does /lit/ think of this work?
>>
Haven't read it but wilderness is overrated
>>
have read it long ago and it was ok but not mindblowing
>>
I have this in a compilation of his works and I thought it was one of the weakest in the collection. A walk in winter or the one about his trip down the river up the mountain were way better.

Still good though. Ive been meaning to get into Muir and that other dude, as well as thoreaus main transcendental homie whos name escapes me right now,
>>
>>9282166
Ah I've a collection as well, but I've only read Walden. I thought it had some interesting ideas, but there were some pretty tedious passages, so your comment has made me look forward to reading his shorter pieces.
>>
>>9282150
The best word for it would be underrated.
It was poetic for sure but his choice of words were not the best but it did bring me a sense of serenity.
>>
>>9282150
Also the main thing to keep in mind is that this is a piece of literature, and it's importance is derived from its creation. In other words, it's just an essay, but something that we value. Really kind of a must read if you ask me.
>>
>>9282150
well i've heard it's a great satire with complex prose and challenging moral and spiritual lessons but to me it was just a rich guy realizing that he didn't need to have servants to be happy

you'd think it would be getting more popular in the internet age, but i don't think it is. to someone who would never willingly camp or hike it might be very eye-opening

>>9282166
emerson
>>
>>9282150
I loved it.
Reading, Sounds, and Solitude were the most rewarding to me. Some of the prose in there really fuckin soars too, I could almost feel the wind.
That being said I got bored with some parts of it.

I really liked the guy who admitted to him that he was "deficient in intelligence." And also how happiness and solitude need not be contrary realities. And his defense of great literature.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.