[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Creativity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: videodrome_-_3.jpg (998KB, 1814x1022px) Image search: [Google]
videodrome_-_3.jpg
998KB, 1814x1022px
Is creativity more developed from reading fiction or non-fiction?
>>
depends
>>
It develops from a combination of both- non-fiction is like the source material that fiction teaches you how to manipulate
>>
>>9281424
>>9281433
/thread
>>
>>9281415
Just do what every great artist in music, sculpture, poetry and literature did: walk in nature.

It may sound like hippy shit but there is nothing as inspiring as walking in uncontaminated woods.
>>
>>9281445
>Just do what every great artist in music, sculpture, poetry and literature did: drugs.
FTFY
>>
>>9281572
I think it's silly to equate great creavity with drugs. More often than not, those who create great works of art/literature are often stressed and so they turn to recreational drug use (alcohol, morphine, etc.)
>>
>>9281744
Yes, people who take LSD once and think that they're Hunter S. Thompson are the worst.
>>
File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
Neither, or both.

Creativity is the combination of existing ideas, no more, no less.
>>
>>9281415
It's more developed by thinking out of the box yet realistically. Reading only strengthens that, but you don't even need to read to do it well.
>>
>>9282004
>It's more developed by thinking out of the box yet realistically.
What is this sentence a bunch of nonsense.
>>
>>9281415
all fiction is derived from non-fiction, just saying
>>
kek you can't develop creativity you boring shit.
>>
>>9282356
You literally can though, the more you create in a certain type of media, the more you are dissatisfied with how your own creations feel familair, and the artist is then almost forced into being original
>>
>>9282397
nope
>>
>>9282404
Witnessed this in many artists and myself
>>
>>9282406
post example of your creativity then
>>
>>9282356
Part of it is genetic, but not all of it. Some of the answers here on how you can are rubbish tho
>>
>>9282410
On phone and all of my music is at home
>>
File: 375555.jpg (21KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
375555.jpg
21KB, 640x480px
>>9282416
>>
>>9282397
You think that you can develop yr creativity by creating things? Life isn't game at all, you have restricted creating ability; whole life you are just remembering things you did know or you think you did; you literally have some memories bottom. All you do whole life is just rediscovering things; since we are talking about creativity and not imagination; you literally develop imagination and that develops creativity, but creativity isn't target; imagination needs to be constructed somehow, creativity is just tool for imagination.
>>
>>9282440
just imagine more stuff
>>
File: 1490190275787.jpg (160KB, 540x770px) Image search: [Google]
1490190275787.jpg
160KB, 540x770px
>>9281415
Is there even a difference between fiction and non-fiction?

LONG LIVE THE NEW FLESH

<tfw I must click "I'm not a robot" when I no longer believe there can be any distinction between robots and people, between object and subject
>>
File: 1444879111035.jpg (699KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1444879111035.jpg
699KB, 1920x1200px
>>9281415
creativity is a manifestation of desires based in reality and non-reality, whether you read or not. Listening to a conversation can inspire creative thoughts. going for a walk and observing nature can inspire creativity.
>>
>>9281415
Fiction is certainly a save bet. Nontheless a lot of fiction is inspired by non-fiction, especially historic events and biographies. But not all non-fiction might be inspiring in general, or for you personally.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.