[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't find any motivation to read.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1486073257850.jpg (51KB, 996x560px) Image search: [Google]
1486073257850.jpg
51KB, 996x560px
I know reading is good for me and healthy for the mind. I want to know more and broaden my perspectives. But then I think why bother? What's the point of learning all this information if I can't put it to good use and contribute to society. I know I'm not going to be anything special. I could enjoy reading for its own sake but there's more enjoyable things to do. I could use what I read to have better arguments when talking to my friends. But no one likes a know-it-all and there's always going to be someone who knows more and can trump what I know. Even if its just to learn. I can get that from other media.

What's the point?
>>
There is no point. Do what you actually enjoy.
>>
>>9280538

Aesthetic pleasure is the point, I do not believe that reading fiction contributes to a better society in anything but a very minuscule way, in that it makes the readers slightly less autistic.

I do take offense at the notion that you should just enjoy yourself. I did that for a couple of years of snorting white heroin and cocaine for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day. Enjoyment is an empty meme.
>>
>>9280538
Read to learn and understand the world you inhabit; die knowing what the world you were in was.
>>
>>9280538
read PG Wodehouse, and laugh
simple
>>
>>9280639
Yeah but drugs are a bad kind of pleasure. You are more likely to feel shitty about yourself afterwards and regretful over time wasted and nothing gained.
>>
>>9280651
This is not true. Some drugs make you better afterwards.

MDMA for one changed my life.
>>
>>9280653
How so? A lot of my friends do MDMA but I'm reluctant to try it. I'm already waste of space and I don't want to form a drug habit as well. I need to focus on getting a good job and maturing.
>>
>>9280661

Not that guy, but MDMA has a lot of potential if you do it right. It gives you such a profound sense of love and contentment, not only towards others but towards yourself as well. If you do it in an intimate setting with a few close friends you can really sense how radical self-acceptance and acceptance of others can be in a way you'd never realize sober, and you can sort of carry that feeling with you in your sober life afterwards. MDMA changed my life too, but it is precious, should be used very sparingly and with extreme focus on harm reduction.

Some people use it to go clubbing, and I think they're total fags.
>>
>>9280661
It made me so comfortable with myself and open with other people that I was able to speak and act in a way that I wouldn't have thought possible.

Of course there's the comedown, so for about a week afterwards you're very depressed. But since I've been having a much easier time just doing and saying what I really feel like without hesitating about what people might think.

>drug habit
MDMA isn't addictive. Unless you think "oh well that was fun, I want to do it again ASAP" and start doing it constantly you'll be fine, just limit it to a couple of times a year.

Also if you start abusing MDMA you'll find you'll quickly stop using it since it losses the fun very quickly if you're using it all the time.
>>
>>9280668
>love and contentment
>people that use my meme drug in a different way are fags

Well aren't you an enlightened one, hm?
>>
>>9280669

>But since I've been having a much easier time just doing and saying what I really feel like without hesitating about what people might think.

By the way, I'm fairly sure this is the only way to combat social anxiety. I realised it some time ago but always seem to relapse - it's fucking hard to maintain the mindset.
>>
>>9280538
Get lost pseud
>>
There is no intrinsic point to anything. Do whatever you want. You've chosen not to read, so accept that choice.
>>
>>9280538
>I know reading is good for me and healthy for the mind

Where the fuck did you ever get that idea from?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.