[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Children of Hurin [kills more that GOT]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: The_Children_of_Hurin_cover.jpg (31KB, 338x500px) Image search: [Google]
The_Children_of_Hurin_cover.jpg
31KB, 338x500px
George R.R. Martin
>Tolkien was afraid to kill off major characters
Um... try again sweetie.

Why are modern authors such pretentious assholes, and why must they do their best to degrade the people they base their works on?
>>
Capitalism does that to you
>>
>>9280238
Tolkien took English legends and recast them in a new setting.
He was basically the Chaucer of our time.
>>
>>9280329
At least GRRM can write an effective diarrhea scene.
>>
>>9280358
Shitting is hard. This was maybe my answer to Tolkien, whom, as much as I admire him, I do quibble with. Lord of the Rings had a very medieval philosophy: that if the shit was a solid load, it would pass. We look at real pathology and it’s not that simple. Tolkien can say that Aragorn had perfect bowel movement every twenty four hours, and he was wise and good. But Tolkien doesn’t ask the question: What if the more Aragorn drank the more he shat? Did he maintain a standing squat? What did he do in times of gastrointestinal flood and constipation? And what about all these nuggets? By the end of the war, Sauron is gone but all of the nuggets aren’t gone – they’re in the shit-piles. Did Aragorn pursue a policy of systematic poop-scooping and clean them up? Even the little baby nuggets, in their little deer droppings?
>>
>>9280318
>TFW I don't like communism but I also see the problems with capitalism
What do?
>>
>>9280472
Accept that there are flaws with reality and look for the system with the least
>>
>>9280512
Capitalism it is then
>>
>>9280399
beautiful, Anon. Publish it in some tumblr or facebook quote with an image of a GOT screencap in the background.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.