[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Backlog/suggestions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_7519.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7519.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Post your backlog and help others decide or get suggestions on what to read next.

I haven't read almost any of these books yet (80% given to me). I keep seeing DFW threads and will likely read something from the meme trilogy. I've been leaning towards gravity's rainbow as I've read TCOL49 and enjoyed it, I'm unsure if there are others in my collection that would be a better use of my time.

I just finished The master and Margarita and really enjoyed it, I'm tempted to check out some Turgenev when I can afford it.
>>
>>9280231
How good is Finnegans Wak? Sounds pretty cool
>>
File: Lit.jpg (2MB, 2880x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Lit.jpg
2MB, 2880x2160px
I posted this pic in a thread a few days ago, but my reading pile is mostly the same. I started reading A Passage to India, and a gypsy woman stole Sons and Lovers.

>>9280231
You should read V.
>>
>>9280719
How much did that cost? They look new.
>>
>>9280719
Where did you get those hardbacks? My college library is full of them, always thought they had a nice aesthetic.
>>
>>9280231
You were given most of that? Damn, lucky asshole.

>>9280914
Not the guy you're quoting but those are everyman's library. They're pretty easy to find at any bookstore.
>>
>>9280231
I don't have a good phone really to take a picture. Though once I'm done reading Peter Frankopan's "The Silk Roads", I've got either of the following;

>Hyperion.
>Gravity's Rainbow.
>Infinite Jest (though I'll probably read that far later than the others).
>The Brothers Karamazov (same case as IJ).
>Romanovs.
>Vanity Fair.

Got loads of other books on my kindle though I want to get through some physical copies first. I'll admit I've only been on /lit/ for a couple of months. Been mostly reading lighter stuff (Slaughterhouse-5, Third Policeman, Blood Meridian etc.) so my knowledge of what would work best atm is not too great. Whilst I'm on the subject, how do you rate a book on Goodreads? Do you rate it based on how much you enjoyed the plot and character interaction/development or do you rate it objectively based on literary devices used, writing style etc.?
>>
>>9280231

Why do you have two editions of Crying Lot? I'd say read 100 Year of Solitude or Infinite Jest but I recommend taking Infinite Jest at a brisk pace. I wouldn't recommend trying to read it all at once or something like that, there's a lot of information to take in when it comes to establishing how the world came to be.

>>9280719

Great Expectations or Portrait are top choices.

>>9280992

Hyperion first.

Same case as the last anon, don't have a phone but this is what I have on my desk:
Existentialism is Humanism-Sartre
Rosshalde-Hesse
Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire-Polybius
Vile Bodies-Evelyn Waugh
White Noise-Don Delilo
Blood Meridian-Cormac Mccarthy
Speedboat-Adler
>>
>>9281016

And I forgot The Men Who Stare at Goats
>>
>>9280719
JOYCE
>>
My backlog

The Trial
Oblomov
Revolutionary Road
The Heart is a Lonely Hunter
Warlock
>>
>>9281122

Read The Trial first. You can finish it in like two and a half hours.
>>
>>9280869
They are new. Considering l live in a non-Anglo country, l doubt have found used DeLillo or Kerouac books. The hardbacks were pretty pricy, but l love Everyman's, so l couldn't resist. All in all, l'd say they cost about 150 Euro dollars.

>>9280914
Bookdepository is your friend, friend.

>>9281016
>>9281039
Yup, Portrait is up next; l need to read it by Monday for class. Hopefully it's not as dense ad /lit/ has made me believe.
>>
File: IMG_20170317_015135.jpg (1MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170317_015135.jpg
1MB, 1944x2592px
What should I read first?
>>
The Life of Pi and Le Count

The extreme thickness of the later aside, what is the density like? Is it a breeze going page to page, or is the reading level high for someone with an decent but modest vocabulary?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.