[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your opinion on contemporary poetry?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (51KB, 498x568px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 498x568px
Does the absense of tradition rhyme and meter and everything else "free up" the poem, or does it result in an absolute spew of maniacal random bullshit from every tumblrina and everyone's mothers?
Started thinking about this when I read through a local review and saw the most mundane shit being published because it looked cool and e e cummings-esque but it completely lacked any of his substance; the poet seemingly indented words at random.
>>
>>9280066

bad poetry has always existed. you're comparing gold bars to the dirt in your siftpan.
>>
>>9280066
it's not poetry
it's apple products
and social media
>>
>>9280420
Hm, haven't thought about it this way. Any contemporary gold bars then? (Not op btw).
>>
>>9280066

-Lack of effort
-Lack of intellectual value
-Pretentiousness
-SJW shit
-Made just to brainwash people
-
>>
File: 1435737192213.jpg (117KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1435737192213.jpg
117KB, 720x540px
>>9280420
that
>>
>>9280730
Yeah just by seeing the word sjw i guess i can know the poor excuse of a twat that is speaking to me
other than that it's a pretty smart observation minus the whole "red pilled" view yeah i see your critical point of view
>>
I think it frees up the poem. As a result of historic preservation, most bad verse has been weeded out. We're reading in our time works of varying quality because the judgement of time has not weeded out the failed new forms. I think trying to weigh metered and un metered poetry against eachother is useless in determining the quality of poetry today.
>>
>>9280736

If you aren't able to see it you're as fucked as they.
Good luck getting your ass raped.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.