[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Avoid researching a book before reading it so I go in with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: franz-kafka-the-castle.jpg (38KB, 308x475px) Image search: [Google]
franz-kafka-the-castle.jpg
38KB, 308x475px
>Avoid researching a book before reading it so I go in with zero expectations and spoilers
>Turns out it's unfinished and ends literally in the middle of a sentence.
Fuck. That aside, I found it very enjoyable. Easily the book that gave me the biggest emotional response I've gotten from a book. Granted, the emotion was pure, undistilled frustration, but it was there. Does /lit/ like Kafka?
>>
He had an ending planned, look it up. One of his best works for sure. The Metamorphosis might be better, but that's it.
>>
>Does /lit/ like Kafka?
Well, I know I do.
He seems to be more of a meme around here. Or anywhere.
>lol so kafkaesque
>>
>>9276778
I really liked a country doctor even if it went a bit over my head.
>>
File: gregor.jpg (48KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
gregor.jpg
48KB, 400x500px
MOMMY IT'S ME!
>>
I'm a big Kafka fan. He does get the meme treatment around here but it's all in fun.
>>
Just read The Trial the other day desu lads

Thought it was breddy gud, at least has some sort of conclusion
>>
That's my favorite of his works, I've read everything.

Such an intensely frustrating, horrifying novel.
>>
I started reading Kafka at work because we have a bunch of pdfs on the computers and he was the most meme author there and I wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

I really liked The Metamorphosis.
I didn't like The Trial very much, but I also didn't finish it and working in the middle of a call centre probably isn't the best atmosphere so I might give it another go.
>>
Half way through The Trial currently. I've only read this and metamorphosis but shits bangin,
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.