[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Self Publishing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Okay, so I'm very disappointed with LuLu's self publishing service.
Here's the problem: for print versions like paper back or hard back they literally cut off a large part of your book cover image.
They actually send you the PDF version in print format which there isn't anything wrong with it but they literally fuck up the book cover.
I'm not sure if they do this on purpose but actually getting them to NOT cut off large parts of your book cover is impossible.
I know this because I've talked to their customer support.

So, what DIY self-publishing (book printing service) should I be using?
Is there anything like LuLu that doesn't actually have autists printing the books?
Help me out here, I have rare pepes to trade for solid sauce.
>>
Createspace. Everything is free and the cover/interior customization is total.
>>
>Here's the problem: for print versions like paper back or hard back they literally cut off a large part of your book cover image.

They tell you exactly how much they're gonna cut off you retard, like: EXACTLY.

How does pixels work?!?!
>>
>>
>>9276498
You are missing the point.

Why would any respectable publisher actually do that?

When I submit my cover image I want the whole thing printed. This is not debatable.

LuLu is literally a bunch of autists from /b/ anyways.
>>
>>9276486
>>9276544
>Rules explicitly state something
>Ignores them and goes onto complain anyway

Lmao
>>
I'm interested in self publishing because I want my books to be free.

I plan on just releasing stuff on my website too. I don't see a point in killing more trees either.
>>
>>9276570
calibre (free) does .doc conversion to .epub. host the file somewhere and tell people where to get it. the end.
>>
>>9276544
You obviously don't know how printing works, the lulu method of doing things is vastly preferable to the possibility of having a white line at the edge.

Fucking retard fuck.
>>
>>9276544
It's called the bleed.

The printer can't print right to the edge of the page, so they print outside of the final page margins and then cut down to size.

It's standard practice. Anything you see that prints to the edge of the page was actually printed to a larger size paper and then cut down to size.

Design with this in mind and everything will come out for you.
>>
>>9276570
Do as >>9276603
And also share it on /t/. There are a couple threads there about books.
>>
Has anyone tried Amazon?
>>
>>9278969
That's a good question. Andy Weir published his novel like that, he said he wanted to give his novel for free but Amazon wouldn't leave him.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.