[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the American Way?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (121KB, 851x419px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121KB, 851x419px
What is the American Way?
>>
The way you follow until pay day
>>
File: 1488804941084.jpg (155KB, 479x640px) Image search: [Google]
1488804941084.jpg
155KB, 479x640px
A struggle between doing the right thing and doing whatever it takes to win
>>
File: EdwardHopperNightHawks.jpg (119KB, 1234x673px) Image search: [Google]
EdwardHopperNightHawks.jpg
119KB, 1234x673px
>>9275560
this.

>>9275517
feral idiots like this have no sense of true america. anyone who thinks we are money-hungry capitalists misunderstand the real drive, the real impulse, of which the fiscal is only an outer consequence: i mean our desire to be unburdened, once and for all, by the problem of quantity.
we are a people who have built a way of life around the most dramatic attempt mankind has met to absolve itself of the problem of waste, and live freedom from the existential yolk of "not having enough." we may take it a lil far, sure.

but i'd also say that the american way is best represented by whitman--at least in its purest, most romantic form:

all the past we leave behind, we debouch upon a newer, mightier world, varied world, fresh and strong the world we seize, world of labor and the march....Colorado men are we, from the peaks gigantic, from the great sierras and the high plateaus, from the mine and from the gully, from the hunting trail we come....From Nebraska, from Arkansas, central inland race are we, from Missouri, with the continental blood intervein’d; all the hands of comrades clasping, all the Southern, all the Northern....O to die advancing on! Are there some of us to droop and die? has the hour come? Then upon the march we fittest die, soon and sure the gap is fill’d, Pioneers! O pioneers!
>>
>>9275701
Holy fuck, 'tism-tron, you can calm down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1xmoA9s5wo
Last seven seconds
>>
>>9275510
it's not literature
>>
America is a system of entertainment and unrelenting busy-ness, whose main purpose is maintaining the physical and psychological comfort of its individual citizens subject to competition. All human endeavor, as Hamlet says, is to avoid the dread of impending death. Recall Hamlet represents secular man, which is why i tend to think of America as essentially secular.

The rich get mansions and TV spots, pools and sports cars, and nice healthcare. The poor get drugs and alcohol. Everyone gets movies, air conditioning and Coca Cola.

It works aside from the fact that individuals keep dying.
>>
>>9275736
the rich get alcohol too

anyways, you've laid out a great vision of coastal America, totally missing that the heartland represents the actual country
>>
>>9275510
The pilgrims were the original Americans.
>>
>>9275510

Fucking over everyone to get ahead so you can buy more useless shit you don't need because it's marketed to you.
>>
>>9275764

Plenty of meth, atheism, suicide, poverty and television in the heartland, so im guessing youre referring to the greater religious and familial homogeneity and presance of rural America?

I dont buy it. A people in touch with God doesnt elect Donald Trump.

(Vastly general, I know, but thats appropriate when talking about America essentially)
>>
The 'American way' is dead. America is dead.
>>
>>9275510
Fuck bitches, get money.
>>
>>9275510

Industriousness, hard work, family, multi-culturalism, and the pursuit of ever greater visions.

Which, in the mind of your average contemporary individual, has become "take what you can get your hands on, and fuck the other guy".
>>
>>9275780
Rural America is very Protestant. They consider themselves Christian but don't practice the fundamental compassion Christianity preaches, excepting giving their spare change to the charity workers dressed as Santa outside of the local Walmart.
>>
Getting cuckolded by corporate capitalism and big, globalist firms. Being technically owned by China and Japan. Essentially being a human slave for the corporate dickening.
>>
>>9275510
Fuck bitches get money.
>>
>>9276356
and praise the constitution and be proud of this praise and of trying pleasure to women
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.