[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHAT IF..... [/lit/ conspiracies]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: the-pale-king.jpg (351KB, 1024x1594px) Image search: [Google]
the-pale-king.jpg
351KB, 1024x1594px
the published version of The Pale King *is* actually the finished version but DFW wanted it released as an "unfinished novel" for thematic purposes?

also, please post the proof that Pynchon posts here
>>
>>9275085
could younat least have made it non wallacian? there's like 50 threads right now ffs.

Jane Austen was a pseudonym for a male author.
>>
pynchon would post here, but he's busy massaging my prostate at the moment.
>>
File: wsdas.jpg (41KB, 432x432px) Image search: [Google]
wsdas.jpg
41KB, 432x432px
>>9275085
WHAT IF OP is actually a fucking faggot?
>>
>The Broom of the System and Infinite Jest have "unfinished" endings (the former ends mid-sentence and IJ ends before Hal and co. journey into the Concavity to dig up JOI)
>the chapter in TPK mentioning the play that begins only when the entire audience leaves
>the tedium of reading an unfocused and "unfinished" novel that never goes anywhere relates to TPK's theme of boredom and overcoming it
>>
>>9275085
Duh dude.
Obviously it's "finished".
thats part of what happens when you kill yourself.

the whole "unfinished" part is just there to evoke sadness and remind you of the context, all of which David was definitely aware.
>>
>>9275085
Read it. A significant portion is not polished and makes no sense
>>
What if DFW killed himself so he would become an eternal tragic author?
>>
>>9275224
>the chapter in TPK mentioning the play that begins only when the entire audience leaves
what does this have to do with The Pale King being intentionally unfinished?
>>
>>9275718
tell me which parts made no sense and i will explain it.
at some point David realized a "truth", a problem in all our human relations, as he worked out the potential future of the novel and that became the finished product, it's truth and a valid reason to leave it as it was. So it's finished.
He doesn't provide a resolution or an answer because he didn't have one, but he did have a concern
>>
>>9275853
the lack of resolution was intentional. That play is a metaphor for the book itself, a boring, sadly-funny, sometimes tragically mundane portrayal of modern life's reality
>>
>>9275085
Shakespeare wasn't one man but really four or five playwrights
>>
>>9276861
Close. William Shakespeare was a real person and was a member of the cabal. After his death they decided to use his name to promote their own works, understanding that each of them alone would never make a mark.
>>
>>9275085
I believe that the size of trade paperbacks is based on Lester Delray's megalomaniacal insistence that Delray books be as long as his erect penis(7.8 inches, iirc) and this size was only accidentally adopted as the industry standard.
>>
>>9276861
Shakespeare was a black girl.
>>
>>9277316
a black lesbian
>>
File: dfw.jpg (273KB, 1380x1035px) Image search: [Google]
dfw.jpg
273KB, 1380x1035px
>>9275855
>tell me which parts made no sense and i will explain it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.