[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

House of Leaves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: House_of_leaves.jpg (19KB, 330x435px) Image search: [Google]
House_of_leaves.jpg
19KB, 330x435px
Just got pic related, what am I in for?
>>
looks like a book op seems you'll be in for some reading
>>
Start reading it and you might find out
>>
It's way more postmodern than DFW... DFW could only dream about this OP level of new styled form. Footnotes blown out!
>>
A gimmicky book with no substance
>>
>>9273832
DFW isn't postmodern
>>
Decent concept with painfully unfun writing style. Aint even talkin bout the formatting (which wears thin pretty quick)
>>
>>9273843
Ignore this fag

Read it and enjoy. Some of it will annoy you but there is a lot of mystery in quite a tactile way.
>>
>>9273832
why is HOL considered postmodern? I've always thought of it as a puzzle family drama
>>
A great concept percolated through unbearable stretches of insipid, whiny, postmodern angst.

Honestly, skip all the Truant sections after the intro. The only important relevance they have to the main body of the work is drawing parallels, but you can do without that.
>>
>>9273846
whether he liked it or not he was
>>
>>9273881
>skip all the Truant sections
srs? Truant's is the main plot. might as well get rid of Zampano, the Minotaur, etc
>>
>>9273900
I couldn't care less if Truant is considered the main plot, it isn't worth the time of day. If the book was comprised solely of Truant's passages I would buy copies to use as target practice

However, the Navidson Report is really quite unique and interesting and I think it could stand on its own. It's the majority of the book, afterall.

OP, just read a few of the Truant passages and decide for yourself. I drudged through them because I thought they'd end up being integral to the Navidson plot, but don't worry yourself about that.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.