[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I finally read this book

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: CormacMcCarthy_BloodMeridian.jpg (30KB, 229x350px) Image search: [Google]
CormacMcCarthy_BloodMeridian.jpg
30KB, 229x350px
So, what happened to The Kid/Man?

Was The Judge actually a supernatural being?
>>
>>9272059

He was probably sodomized and killed, but also possibly eaten. There's no certain answer.

Yes, I think so. I'm not sure I would use the term supernatural. He's more like an inexhaustible force of nature/history, which I grant would make him "supernatural". I just don't think the word captures what McCarthy was trying to get at.
>>
>>9272059
I always considered the Judge to be the physical incarnation either of Manifest Destiny or War in general.
>>
>>9272059
The judge was probably a djinn
>>
>>9272240
I mean, it's possible that he was a man, but he's probably literally the devil, like the preacher said.
>>
There are many theories. Most say that the Kid was sodomised and then killed. Some say that he was the one taking a piss who told the guys not to go into the jakes. Perhaps the Kid even just gave in and joined the dance.

The Judge isn't supernatural. It's too easy. McCarthy knew what he had created would lead us to that conclusion. The reason that he said at the end that he will never die is because McCarthy knew that he had made an antagonist so rooted in history (judge Holden really did roll with Glanton's gang) and western literature canon (Milton, for example) that he would live on beyond the story, much like an embodiment of war. It's almost like a meta statement. Holden is the devil, he's old testament god, he is Dionysus, he's every villain we have ever met.
>>
>>9272059
He rapes his brother, Phoibos.
>>
>>9272059
They enjoy a mutual jerk-off and part ways as friends. Nothing more. Why do people like to over-interpret this scene so much? Sometimes blue curtains are just blue curtains.
>>
>>9272608
If I remember right didn't people look on in horror?
>>
>>9272608
>>9272692

this is correct, it was consensual gay anal sex, and thats what was so damning about it.
>>
Reminder that anyone who says it was simply rape finished the book and immediately googled "blood meridian ending explained" so that they could be told how to interpret it
>>
>>9272692
Yeah if I saw 2 guys jerk ing off I'd be horrified too
>>
Whatever horrible thing you can imagine the Judge did to the kid in the jakes, is what happened.

The judge isn't the devil, he is a mirror of you, me, humanity and of the hidden but innate evil inside all of us. McCarthy uses that final scene for you to fill in your own twisted version, whether it be rape, cannibalism, or anything worse.
>>
>>9272318
>dionysus
>villain

???
>>
File: kekistthreads.png (267KB, 1024x725px) Image search: [Google]
kekistthreads.png
267KB, 1024x725px
>>9272059
Was the Judge an early incarnation of KEK?
>>
>>9273314
This is an English speaking board but I'm sure we can find you a translator.
>>
>>9272318
>Holden is the devil, he's old testament god, he is Dionysus, he's every villain we have ever met.
the book fails with regards to this desu.
>>
>>9272059

The Judge gave him a super bad wedgie.
>>
>>9273585
Explain
>>
I really liked the ending.

The ending is where the lines of reality really seem to start blurring, and I don't think you can take a lot of what happens at face value. The judge is the avatar of conflict/war/uncaring god/etc., and he is greeted with open arms at the bar. There is a lot of stuff about denying this true nature, which is why he tried to kill the kid (and maybe why the dancing bear was killed). When The Man truly decides to go against that he is met with a terrible fate, while evil continues on without him (such as the girl who is missing).
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.