[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's the consensus on Henry Miller?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: henrymiller.jpg (140KB, 1401x788px) Image search: [Google]
henrymiller.jpg
140KB, 1401x788px
what's the consensus on Henry Miller?
>>
We can all agree his name is Henry Miller.
>>
>>9268392
Parisian bent Norman Mailer IMHO. Playboy pictorial is sweet from the 70s
>>
File: 595959.jpg (67KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
595959.jpg
67KB, 709x765px
>consensus
>>
>>9268392
Not as good as Arthur Miller
>>
>>9268392
Comfy and fun to read. I think you shouldn't take his divagations in the book seriously. He's really full of shit.
>>
>>9268392
Have had (((our))) fun but having read him is like having gone to Vegas....
>>
Godlike facility for wordplay and characterization, but suffers for lack of focus, narcissism, and lapses into middle-school edge territory at times.

Despite his flaws, I think he's a top ten American author.
>>
Miller makes me diamonds

Met a girl once who used to fap to him, and Nin. Nin's Henry and June is straight fire
>>
>>9268392
degenerate
>>
>>9270307
What else would you rec by Nin?
>>
>>9270978
>every post I made was the last post of the thread
Were the words, much to the puzzlement of his family. Not so far away, a little contingent of faggots would have understood all too well. The "underwearman", they would have called him.
>>
File: tropic.jpg (594KB, 1462x2286px) Image search: [Google]
tropic.jpg
594KB, 1462x2286px
>>9268392
cunts n' pernod
>>
>>9270978
Her diaries desu
>>
>>9269131
> full of shit

Gore Vidal's review of Sextus is hilarious and brutal. Then again, Deleuze likes Miller so maybe there's something to his vitalistic posturing.
>>
File: image.jpg (5KB, 64x61px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
5KB, 64x61px
>>9271562
>Vidal being anywhere near Miller's level
>>
>>9271534
literally this

But Delta of Venus and Little Birds are some of the best erotic short stories ever written.
>>
>>9271616
Wasn't implying that. It doesn't make his review any less hilarious or unforgiving.
>>
>>9271562
>Deleuze likes Miller so I may give him a try?

kek fuck off pseudo
>>
>>9268392
Books in My Life" literally changed how I read and understand books. The guy would have been awesome to hang out with. I need to read the rest of his books though
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.