[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With all that talk about AI and automation as the future, if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

With all that talk about AI and automation as the future, if such a future would become true, will Ted become the Marx or Jesus of the future?

I mean, I imagine that not everyone is willing to become reduced in value if robots outperform humans on many tasks. Or are there other individuals who write about the threat of increasing technology?
>>
>>9268049
>With all that talk about AI and automation as the future, if such a future would become true, will Ted become the Marx or Jesus of the future?
The original luddites had a better understanding of the nature of technology than Ted
>>
File: nicklandroid.gif (4MB, 500x620px) Image search: [Google]
nicklandroid.gif
4MB, 500x620px
>>9268049

> I imagine that not everyone is willing to become reduced in value if robots outperform humans on many tasks

most of the tasks automation will taker longer to replace are already associated with working with other humans

much of the redundancy in human employment, like customer service, sales, has to do with communication with other humans, something that will be made redundant when the owners of capital automate their lifestyles from soil to military

the transition period (now) will be (is being) eased by the importation of third world peoples who come from areas already defined by impoverishment and societal disruption, lowering both the standard of autonomy and expectations of the masses: living as human chattel with iPhones, Walmart, and physical safety is a vast improvement as living as human chattel among the Nortenos or in war-torn Syria
>>
He was brilliant but burned out too fast. Like if Huxley had a panic attack and scribbled Brave New World in a night.

Industrial Society and Its Future is insightful but misses the existential problem. It condemns artificial happiness but never bothers to ask, why happiness at all?

Better: have you heard of The Last Messiah, essay by Peter Wessel Zappfe? Not 100% relevant but good supplementary reading on angst and the futility of human desire.

I will check tjis thread later, busy atm.
>>
>>9268166
this man knows

read kirkpatrick sale and pynchon instead, kaczynski was a hack
>>
File: 00e066664cbdf0f9ed8eaf795619f0b4.jpg (406KB, 1487x868px) Image search: [Google]
00e066664cbdf0f9ed8eaf795619f0b4.jpg
406KB, 1487x868px
I find it funny how optimistic people in the 1950s were about the future. I think it might have something to do with how good society was back then: America was still on its postwar high, good jobs for everyone, one working man could support his whole nuclear family, things were looking up.

Now, we dread the future. Technology isn't marvelous, instead it's something that will be used to destroy us and make us miserable. I can't help but feel like the way we view the future is a reflection of our present. Which means we are well and truly fucked.
>>
>>9268049
After making the single mistake of not making one intelligent decision in 30 years, the anti-tech movement was put to a halt after they couldn't take other people's tech.
>>
>KaczyƄski
Holy shit, know everything triggered
Just wondering why Jarek publish with pseudo
>>
File: workharder.jpg (649KB, 668x951px) Image search: [Google]
workharder.jpg
649KB, 668x951px
>>9268049
>will Ted become the Marx or Jesus of the future?
>implying they're not one and the same
>>
>>9268823
Human relationships took the back seat to instrumental rationality, which is/was inevitable under a consumption-based capitalist system

Doesnt mean it can't change. Nothing is unconditional after all
>>
>>9268049
I recommend this short documentary about Jacques Ellul (The Betrayal by Technology)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOCtu-rXfPk
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.